Chicago, Illinois, United States
Homewood, Illinois, United States
Aja Evans went to the Morgan Park High School. After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. However, she later shifted to the University of Illinois.
- Father – Fred Evans (Holds the distinction of being the first black national collegiate champion in swimming)
- Mother – Sequocoria Mallory-Evans
- Siblings – Fred Evans (Older Brother) (Professional NFL Player), Rachael Evans (Sister)
- Others – Gary Nathaniel Matthews Sr. (Uncle) (Former Professional MLB Player), Gary Matthews, Jr. (Cousin) (Professional MLB Player)
Aja Evans is represented by KMM Sports.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and athletic figure
- Prominent nose
- Aja Evans has appeared in a series of TV commercials for Proactiv.
- She has also done promotional work for beauty care giant, Olay.
- She has also used her social media reach to promote a number of products and brands through her social media activities.
Best Known For
- Having served as the brakeman for drivers Jazmine Fenlator, Elana Meyers, and Jamie Greubel during the 2012-13 World Cup season. Due to these collaborations, she managed to win a silver medal at the Sochi and bronze in Igls.
- Being a member of the U.S. Olympic bobsled team.
Apart from the usual bobsled training, Aja Evans regularly works out in the gym to improve her overall performance and to reduce chances of injury. She especially focuses on strength and weightlifting training to strengthen her muscles.
She is also very particular about her diet. In fact, she creates her own version of protein bites to take care of her hunger pangs. She takes some oats, peanut butter, protein powder, crushed almonds, dark chocolate chips, and occasionally some dried cranberry and mixes it all together. Then, she roles the mixture into balls.
Aja Evans Favorite Things
- Skincare Product – Olay Cleansing body wash
- Athletes – Venus Williams and Serena Williams
- Inspirations – Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Michelle Obama
- Beauty Guilty Pleasure – False lashes from Ardell Lashes
Source – Hello Giggles, Today
Aja Evans Facts
- While she was studying in high school, she started training in field and track events.
- While she was in university, she participated in the sprinting and shot put competitions.
- Before the 2008 Olympic games, she participated in the national level trials for the shotput event selections.
- At the 2014 Winter Olympics, she managed to win the bronze medal with Jamie Greubel.
- Her coach told her about bobsledding when she was in the senior year at the University of Illinois. Her coach felt that her athletic abilities were well suited for bobsledding and asked her to go for the trials of the 2010 Winter Olympics team. Initially, she didn’t take her coach’s suggestion seriously. However, when she took some time off college, she started missing competing at the elite level and decided to give bobsledding a try.
- In 2014, she posed for the popular Body Issue photo shoot for ESPN The Magazine.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Aja Evans / Instagram