|Ajay Banga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1959|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ajay Banga is an Indian-American executive who gained media attention after being nominated by the President of the United States, Joe Biden to lead the World Bank on February 23, 2023.
Ajaypal Singh Banga
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Ajay studied at St. Edward’s School, Shimla, before going on to attend Hyderabad Public School. Later, he went on to enroll at St. Stephen’s College, Delhi graduating with a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree in Economics. Then, he followed a PGP in Management (equivalent to an MBA) from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Father – Harbhajan Singh Banga (Retired lieutenant-general who served in the Indian Army)
- Mother – Jaswant Banga
- Siblings – M. S. Banga (Younger Brother) (Businessman)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ajay has dated –
- Ritu Banga – Ajay is said to be married to a woman named Ritu Banga.
Race / Ethnicity
Ajay is of Saini Sikh descent.
- Snub nose
- Towering height
Ajay Banga Facts
- He was born in the Khadki cantonment of Pune, Bombay State to a Saini Sikh family.
- Originally, Ajay’s family is from Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Ajay began his career in 1981, with Nestlé. Following that, Banga went on to work in sales, marketing, and general management for the next 13 years.
- Banga joined PepsiCo with whom he was involved in the launch of its international fast-food franchises in India as the economy liberalized.
- On July 1, 2010, Ajay was made the new chief executive officer of Mastercard.
- In 2016, Ajay was given the civilian honor of the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- He succeeded Paul Polman in 2020, as the elected chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Ajay was nominated to lead the World Bank by the President of the United States Joe Biden on February 23, 2023.
Featured Image By President’s Secretariat / Wikimedia / GODL-India