|Alan van Sprang Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1971|
Alan van Sprang is a Canadian actor, voice actor, and producer who is known for having been cast as Sir Francis Bryan in the historical fiction TV series, The Tudors, and for portraying the character of King Henry in CW’s historical romantic drama series, Reign. Apart from these, he has worked extensively in the industry appearing both in various movies and TV shows such which include Black Fox: Good Men and Bad, Steal This Movie, The Uncles, Earth Angels, Do or Die, Evel Knievel, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Phantom Punch, Made in Canada, Highlander: The Raven, PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal, Code Name: Eternity, Paradise Falls, Puppets Who Kill, Mutant X, Wild Card, Adventure Inc., Earth: Final Conflict, La Femme Nikita, Veritas: The Quest, Degrassi: The Next Generation, The Best Years, Would Be Kings, The L.A. Complex, Beauty & the Beast, and Star Trek: Discovery. Alan van Sprang has also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 150k followers on Twitter.
Alan van Sprang
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The details about Alan van Sprang’s educational background are unknown.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Emile Van Sprang (A member of the famous 1960s band rock band ‘Stampeders’)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Alan van Sprang has 2 younger sisters.
- Other – Ronnie King (Uncle) (Leader of Stampeders)
Alan van Sprang is represented by Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alan van Sprang has dated –
- Sarah Robichaud – Alan van Sprang was previously in a relationship with Sarah Robichaud. However, things did not work out for them and they decided to call it quits. The duo parents a son named Logan Joseph Van Sprang.
Note – Alan van Sprang also has a daughter named Tayla.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Shaved head
- Often wears glasses and a cap
- Deep set eyes
- Several tattoos
Alan van Sprang has not done any endorsement work yet.
Best Known For
- Appearing in a variety of roles in a large number of movies which include Dangerous Intentions (1995) as Marshall Cameron, Black Fox: Good Men and Bad (1995) as Longbaugh, Dunn Gang, Closer and Closer (1996) as Interviewer #2, Steal This Movie (1997) as David Glenn, The Uncles (2000) as Alan Rossi, Earth Angels (2001) as Lucas, Do or Die (2002) as Tink, The Visual Bible: The Gospel of John (2003) as Judas Iscariot, Evel Knievel (2004) as John Derek, Anonymous Rex (2004) as Raal, Confessions of an American Bride (2005) as Mitchell Stone (as Allan Van Sprang), Land of the Dead (2005) as Brubaker, Saw III (2006) as Chris, Diary of the Dead (2007) as Sergeant ‘Nicotine’ Crockett, Phantom Punch (2008) as Nico Orso, Survival of the Dead (2009) as Sergeant ‘Nicotine’ Crockett, Pay In Full (2010) as Sergei, Immortals (2011) as Dareios, and Pirate’s Passage (2015) as Immigration Officer #1 (voice)
- Having been cast in various roles in several shows such as Highlander: The Raven (1998) as William Kenworth, La Femme Nikita (1999) as Carl Peruze, PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal (1999) as Griffin, Soul Food (2001-2002) as Dr. Caldwell, Earth: Final Conflict (2001-2002) as Howlyn, Veritas: The Quest (2003) as Javier, Puppets Who Kill (2004) as Ted’s Partner, The Newsroom (2004) as George’s Replacement, Paradise Falls (2004) as Johnny Brice, Degrassi: The Next Generation (2005) as Leo Davies, 11 Cameras (2006) as Bruce, The Best Years (2007) as Lee Campbell, Would Be Kings (2008) as Gary Coyle, The Tudors (2009) as Francis Bryan, Cra$h & Burn (2009-2010) as Father Benedito, Rookie Blue (2011) as Patrick Murphy, King (2011-2012) as Derek Spears, The L.A. Complex (2012) as Eric, Saving Hope (2013) as Thomas Ford, Reign (2013-2015) as Henry II of France, Beauty & the Beast (2015) as Bob Hall, Shadowhunters (2016-2018) as Valentine Morgenstern, and Star Trek: Discovery (from 2018) as Leland
Alan van Sprang made his first theatrical film appearance as Marshall Cameron in the drama film, Dangerous Intentions, in 1995.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Immigration Officer #1 in the animated fantasy film, Pirate’s Passage, in 2015.
First TV Show
Alan van Sprang made his first TV show appearance as Carl Rossi in an episode, titled Bad Girl, of the drama show, Robin’s Hoods, in November 1994. The show starred the likes of Linda Purl, Jennifer Campbell, and David Gail.
Alan van Sprang has maintained a fit body by following an active lifestyle.
Moreover, to prepare for his role as a Greek slave named Dareios in the 2011 epic fantasy action film, Immortals, he underwent a rigorous 3 weeks “hardcore boot camp” where he practiced a daily regimen of dieting, cardio workouts, yoga, fight training, and gym and weight training.
Alan van Sprang Facts
- He grew up in Canada along with his 2 sisters.
- Alan van Sprang has been a major Star Trek fan since his high school years.
- Apart from his stint in movies and TV shows, he has also worked in theatre productions and has played for 3 seasons with Calgary’s Shakespeare in the Park. He has also worked with Theatre Calgary for around 5 years.
- Alan van Sprang shaved his head at the age of 39 in order to get cast in the leading bad-guy kind of roles. However, what actually happened was that he ironically got cast as a priest, a heroic Greek slave, and a good-hearted policeman in his next 3 roles.
- He has worked alongside artists like Jeff Roop, Ashley Leggat, Barbara Radecki, Mayko Nguyen, Adelaide Kane, Megan Follows, Torrance Coombs, Toby Regbo, Jenessa Grant, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, and Anna Popplewell.
- As a producer, he has worked on a few projects like the short comedy-drama film, How to Fall.
- Follow Alan van Sprang on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Alan van Sprang / Instagram