|Albert Pujols Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Albert Pujols is a Dominican-American professional baseball player who is the first baseman and designated hitter for the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Baseball (MLB). Nevertheless, Albert is popularly known under the nickname “The Machine”.
José Alberto Pujols Alcántara
Albert, The Machine
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Albert attended Fort Osage High School from where he graduated in December 1998. After that, he obtained a scholarship to study at Maple Woods Community College.
- Father – Bienvenido Pujols (Softball Pitcher)
- Others – America Pujols (Paternal Grandmother)
Albert Pujols’ net worth was $170 Million according to ‘Celebrity Net Worth‘.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
107 kg or 236 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Albert has dated –
- Deidre Pujols (2000-2022) – Albert tied the knot with a girl named Deidre Pujols on January 1, 2000, with whom he has 5 children – Albert Jr., Sophia, Ezra, and Esther Grace of his own and a child named Isabella from a previous relationship. However, the couple legally parted ways on April 4, 2022, citing irreconcilable differences.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Catalan, Dominican Republic, and Spanish descent.
- Large muscular physical appearance
Albert has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- The American Legion
Albert Pujols Favorite Things
- Food – Rice, chicken, beans, empanadas, tostones (fried plantains), pineapple upside-down cake, and – especially — crème Brulee
Source – The State Journal-Register
Albert Pujols Facts
- Pujols was raised an evangelical Christian which he began following on November 13, 1998. He and his family attended the West County Community Church in Wildwood, Missouri.
- He was brought up in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic by 10 of his uncles and aunts and his grandmother.
- Albert is an only child.
- Growing up, he witnessed his father struggling with alcoholism. He would often have to take his father home after games as he would be drunk to do so himself.
- As a child, Albert played baseball using limes for balls and a milk carton for a glove.
- His parents relocated from Santo Domingo in 1996 to Washington Heights in New York City where they had planned on settling. However, while residing there, he witnessed a shooting that took place in a convenience store. Following the incident, Albert and his family moved to Independence, Missouri to live with relatives.
- While attending high school, Albert played baseball and was named All-State athlete twice.
- He was the 402nd overall pick by the St. Louis Cardinals during the 13th round of the 1999 Major League Baseball (MLB) Draft. However, initially, he turned down a $10,000 bonus to go and spent the summer playing for Jayhawk Collegiate League‘s Hays Larks.
- He became a U.S. citizen in 2007.
- He has been considered by many sportswriters as a strong sportsman to stand a chance to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Albert and his family opened up a restaurant called Westport Grill, located in Westport Plaza of Maryland Heights, Missouri in 2006. Later, on November 2, 2011, he was presented with a 10-foot, 1,100-lb. statue of himself that is placed outside their restaurant. However, after he joined the Los Angeles Angels he changed the place’s name to St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame Grill.
- He is a close friend of fellow baseball player Plácido Polanco.
- The earliest post that Albert uploaded to his Instagram account was on May 13, 2017.
- Albert is one of the only four players to amass over 6,000 total bases as of July 2022.
Featured Image By Albert Pujols / Instagram