|Tamara Zidanšek Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1997|
Tamara Zidanšek is a Slovenian professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 22 in singles in February 2022 and world number 56 in doubles in January 2021, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the semi-final of the 2021 French Open. As of May 2022, she has won 1 singles title on the WTA Tour – the 2021 Swiss Open (WTA 250); and finished as the runner-up twice – the 2021 Copa Colsanitas (WTA 250), and the 2019 Nuremberg Cup (International). At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, she had reached the 2nd round of the 2019 Wimbledon Championships, the 2020 French Open, the 2021 Australian Open, the 2021 French Open, the 2021 Wimbledon Championships, the 2022 Australian Open, and the 2022 French Open. As of May 2022, she has won 3 doubles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2018 Tashkent Open (International), the 2020 Palermo Open (International), and the 2020 Linz Open (International); and finished as the runner-up once – the 2019 Zhengzhou Open (Premier).
Postojna, Inner Carniola, Slovenia
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Her father is a school teacher.
- Mother – Her mother is a judge.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tamara has dated –
- Matija Štrasner (2020-Present) – Tamara began dating recording artist & songwriter Matija Štrasner in October 2020. The couple got engaged in April 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Slovenian descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Tamara has been sponsored by –
- Yonex Co., Ltd. (Japanese sports equipment manufacturing company)
- Joma (Spanish sports clothing manufacturer)
- Mizuno Corporation (Japanese sports equipment/sportswear company)
Tamara Zidanšek Favorite Things
- Tennis Shots – Volley, Slice
- Tennis Surface – Clay
- Tennis Tournament/Event – Australian Open
- Hobbies/Interests – Travelling, Watching TV Series
- TV Series – Friends (1994-2004)
- Movie – Back to the Future (1985)
- Animal – Dog
Source – WTA Tennis
Tamara Zidanšek Facts
- She was first introduced to the sport of tennis by her father. She later began to participate in a skiing program that offered tennis lessons during the summer.
- In her teenage years, she used to divide her spare time between tennis, snowboarding, and athletics. She was a 3-time national snowboarding champion at a very young age. She began focusing solely on tennis from the age of 12.
- At the youth tier in tennis, she had reached a peak world ranking of number 16, achieved in December 2015.
- Tamara made a perfect professional debut in May 2014 at the ITF Velenje tournament held in her home country of Slovenia. She passed through 3 qualifying rounds and went on to claim her first title on the pro-level, aged just 16.
- Tamara came into the limelight in 2021 when she reached the semi-final of the French Open. She had become the first Slovenian female player to achieve this feat since the country’s independence in 1991. Consequently, she had broken into the ‘Top 50’ of the official WTA singles rankings for the first time in her career.
- In the 1st round of that tournament, she had defeated then world number 7 Bianca Andreescu. This was her first career win over a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the official WTA singles rankings.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in Slovenian, Croatian/Serbian, and English, and can speak a bit of German.
Featured Image by Tamara Zidanšek / Instagram