José Alberto Rodríguez
El Hijo de Dos Caras, El Patrón, El Patrón Alberto, Hustle Kamen Gold, Alberto Del Rio, The Mexican Aristocrat, The Essence of Excellence, Alberto Banderas, Dos Caras Jr., El Dorado
San Luis Potosí City, San Luis Potosí, Mexico
Alberto Del Rio was enrolled at the Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí in his hometown to graduated with a degree in architecture.
He took training in Greco-Roman Wrestling from Leonel Kolesni and Juan Fernández.
Professional wrestler and mixed martial artist
- Father – José Luis Rodríguez Arellano aka Dos Caras (Mexican Luchador Enmascarado, which means masked professional wrestler)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Guillermo Rodríguez (Younger Brother) (Mexican Luchador Enmascarado)
- Others – Aaron Rodríguez Arellano aka Mil Máscaras (Uncle) (Mexican Luchador Enmascarado), Sicodelico (Uncle) (Mexican Luchador Enmascarado), Hijo de Sicodelico (Cousin) (Mexican Luchador Enmascarado), Sicodelico Jr. aka Aaron Rodríguez (Cousin) (Mexican Luchador Enmascarado)
Alberto Del Rio is represented by WWE, Inc.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Albert Del Rio has dated
- Angela Velkei – Alberto Del Rio was previously married to Angela Velkei. In course of their marriage, they became parents to three children. However, the end of their marriage was acrimonious and murky. According to documents filed by Velkei’s attorneys, they had separated in May 2016. They cited adultery on Del Rio’s part for the end of their marriage. In the lawsuit filed in June, her attorneys had also sought restraining order between Angela and former WWE star. However, Del Rio’s lawyers argued that their marriage had ended in June 2015. It was claimed that he had got fed of cruel treatment dished out by his wife. Both parties wanted the custody of the children as well as ownership of her car and their house.
- Paige (2016-2017) – Alberto started going out with Paige (real name Saraya-Jade Bevis) while he was still legally married to his first wife. They made their relationship public in May 2016 in one of the WWE episodes. After he was expelled from WWE, Paige even put her WWE career to risk by cheering him at the wrestling matches organized by other promotions. They got engaged in October 2016. It seemed that their relationship was at risk after her s*x tape was leaked in March. However, in a show of defiance, they got married in the same month. In June 2017, they had a blazing row at the Orlando airport. She reportedly asked him to leave her alone and even hinted at domestic violence, prompting one of the onlookers to call the police. However, after the incident, she released a statement clearing him of any wrongdoing and claimed she was upset due to her own family problems. In November 2017, the couple finally called it quits.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and imposing body
- Often has a white scarf around his neck
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 47 in or 119 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Alberto Del Rio has been seen in AD Council’s Fatherhood ad.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
His two successful stints with WWE. In his first stint, he managed to win WWE Championship as well as the World Heavyweight Championship. During the second stint, he managed to win United States Championship on two occasions.
First Professional Wrestling Match
Del Rio made his professional wrestling debut in May 2000 as he ran on to the stage to save his father from El Texano and Pirata Morgan in AAA Wrestling show.
Alberto Del Rio first appeared in crime thriller Un campeon y sus amigos in 2003.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his wrestling matches, he made his first TV show appearance on the music talk show, AXS Live in 2013.
Being a professional wrestler, Alberto Del Rio hits the gym every day, including weekends. He usually has two workout sessions per day. The morning workout session is dedicated to boxing or wrestling training. And, the afternoon session is reserved for weight and strength training.
In case, he is on road for his wrestling commitments. He has a single 60 to 90 minutes session per day. And, during that session, he solely focusses on lifting weights and conditioning. He has also hired a personal trainer to watch his progress and switches his workout after about three to four weeks to ensure that he doesn’t stagnate.
Overall, he trains the same muscle twice a week. Plus, he likes to practice Jiu-Jitsu once in a while as well.
When it comes to diet, he focuses on eating a protein-rich diet. Once or twice in a week, he allows himself to eat carbs. While working out, he drinks amino acids to replenish his energy stores and to keep his stamina up throughout the workout.
Alberto Del Rio Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.T
Alberto Del Rio Facts
- In 2011, he created a history by becoming the first wrestler to have won Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank ladder match in the same calendar year.
- In January 2009, he turned down a contract offer from WWE as he wanted to retain rights to his mask, name, and image. After they finally agreed to these demands among other things, he signed a three-year contract with WWE in June 2009.
- In September 2016, Del Rio opened his Mexican restaurant called La Cantinita in San Antonio. On the opening of the restaurant, he outlined his plan to open restaurants at other locations as well.
- He was discovered by WWE while participating in the MMA match in Japan.
- When he made his breakthrough in WWE, he used to arrive for his matches driving expensive cars. However, this stunt was suddenly stopped as he sought to connect with his fans while mellowing down the image.
- In August 2014, he was fired from WWE for unprofessional conduct. It was later revealed that he had slapped a WWE employee backstage for making an apparent racist joke.
- In August 2016, he was suspended for 30 days from WWE after having joined them for his second stint in October 2015 for the violation of WWE’s wellness policy.
- Almost a week after his suspension from WWE, he decided to exercise an opt-out clause in his contract. He was miffed with WWE because of broken promises including failure to make him a major attraction at the main event.
- In October 2016, he was attacked by a knife-wielding thug at a restaurant before an event. He was left with multiple lacerations on his arms and other body parts.
- In October 2016, he was made President of MMA promotion Combate Americas. His role in the company was solely for the promotional purposes aimed at increasing their exposure in Mexico.
- Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Megan Elice Meadows / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0