|Alejandro Garnacho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 2004|
Alejandro Garnacho is a Spanish-Argentinian professional soccer player who has represented, as a winger, Manchester United F.C. (2022-Present) in England. With the club, he won the EFL Cup (an annual knockout competition that is open to clubs within the top 4 levels of the English soccer league system) in the 2022-23 season. It was Manchester United F.C.‘s 6th such title which made it the then 3rd most successful team in the competition. At the international level, Alejandro was eligible to play for Spain, his country of birth, as well as Argentina, because his mother is Argentinian. He made 3 appearances for Spain at the under-18 tier in 2021 before switching to Argentina at the under-20 tier in 2022. In March 2022, he was called up to the Argentinian senior national team for the first time but he could not make his senior-level international debut. In March 2023, Alejandro was called up to the Argentinian senior national team again but was forced to withdraw from the squad due to an ankle ligament injury.
Alejandro Garnacho Ferreyra
The Jewel of Madrid
He splits his time between Spain, Argentina, and England, United Kingdom.
He holds dual nationality.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Alex Garnacho
- Mother – Patricia Ferreyra Fernández
- Siblings – Robert Garnacho (Younger Brother)
He has been represented by Leader Sports Management, Talent Management & Sports Marketing Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
75, 49 – Manchester United F.C.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alejandro has dated –
- Eva Garcia (2021-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Spanish descent on his father’s side and Argentinian descent on his mother’s side.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Slightly overgrown, side-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Has both his hands covered in tattoos
He has been sponsored by Nike, Inc., an American multinational footwear, apparel, and sports equipment brand.
Alejandro Garnacho Facts
- Alejandro’s youth career began with Getafe CF, a professional soccer club based in Getafe, a city in the Community of Madrid, one of the 17 autonomous communities of Spain. In 2015, he joined the youth academy of Spanish giants Atlético Madrid.
- In October 2020, aged 16, Alejandro joined Manchester United F.C. Reserves and Academy, the most senior of English titans Manchester United F.C.‘s youth teams and the club’s former reserve team, on a £420,000 fee. He signed his first professional contract with the club in July 2021.
- In March 2022, he made his debut for Argentina’s under-20 squad by starting in a friendly match against the United States. In April 2022, aged just 17, Alejandro made his first-team senior-level debut for Manchester United F.C.
- In May 2022, with the under-18 team of Manchester United F.C., he won the FA Youth Cup. In the final of the tournament, he scored his team’s 2nd and 3rd goals in a 3-1 win over the youth team of Nottingham Forest F.C. It was the club’s record-extending 11th FA Youth Cup title and its first since 2011.
- The FA Youth Cup is the under-18 version of the FA Cup (the premier domestic knockout soccer competition in England). Later that month, Alejandro won the ‘Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year’ award for his performances in the 2021-22 season. The award has been annually presented, since the 1989-90 season, to the season’s best player in the Manchester United F.C. Reserves and Academy team.
- In June 2022, he scored 4 goals in 4 appearances for Argentina’s under-20 team at the 2022 edition of the Maurice Revello Tournament, a prestigious annual, international, age-restricted soccer event. Alejandro finished as the joint 2nd-highest goal-scorer in the tournament and was included in the ‘Team of the Tournament’. He also won the ‘Goal of the Tournament’ award.
- In November 2022, he scored his first senior club-level goal – in a match in the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Europa League (the 2nd-tier club competition in European soccer, ranking below the UEFA Champions League). Later that month, Alejandro scored his first goal in the Premier League (the top tier of the English soccer league system).
Featured Image by Alejandro Garnacho / Instagram