|Alex Brightman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1987|
Alex Brightman is an American actor, writer, comedian, singer, and guitarist. He is best known for playing the title role in the stage musical Beetlejuice on Broadway starting on April 25, 2019. His performance earned him a Tony Award nomination for “Best Actor in a Musical.”
Alexander Michael Brightman
Alex, A Bright Monster
San Jose, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
He attended Bellarmine College Preparatory in San Jose, California, United States, and graduated in 2005.
Alex later attended Tisch School of the Arts at New York University in New York City, New York, United States. He was part of their CAP21 musical-theater conservatory program until 2007 when he dropped out.
Actor, Comedian, Singer, Guitarist, Writer
- Father – Alan Brightman (He founded Apple’s Worldwide Disabilities Solutions Group)
- Mother – Melissa Brightman (She helped run a kidney dialysis clinic)
Alex Brightman is represented by –
- Stewart Talent (Talent Agent) in New York City, New York, United States
- United Talent Agency (UTA) (Talent Agent, Television) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Brookside Artist Management (Manager) in New York City, New York, United States
- The Lede Company (Publicist) in Beverly Hills, California, United States, and New York City, New York, United States
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Brightman has dated –
- Lindsey Kyler (2011)
- Lesli Margherita (2017) – Rumor
- Jenny Ravitz (2018-Present) – He married a casting director, Jenny Ravitz, on May 21, 2018, at a ceremony in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
Race / Ethnicity
Alex Brightman Favorite Things
- Music Genres – Rock, Alternative Rock
- Movie – The Green Mile (1999)
- Food – Nachos, Sushi, Cheeseburgers
- Actor/Wrestler – Mr. T
Alex Brightman Facts
- He comes from a Jewish family.
- He grew up in Saratoga, a town in Santa Clara County, California, United States.
- Alex joined a theatre when he was 7 years old.
- He cherishes a memory of himself dancing to Gloria Estefan‘s songs in front of his fireplace when he was 8 years old. It was at that moment he realized he wanted to know what being a star feels like.
- He appeared in his 1st professional production at the age of 10.
- His mom was a “rock groupie” and he was raised on bands such as Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, and Utopia. He also listened to Todd Rundgren.
- He was in a band during high school.
- Alex stated that his role as Munchkin Boq in a play Wicked (2008-2010) taught him “the big difference between being good at your job and being passionate about your job.” He could’ve kept collecting a monthly paycheck but he felt other actors were not as passionate as him. When he was offered an extension of the contract, Alex quit instead.
- He is a self-proclaimed “culinary genius” and a big foodie. He and his ex-girlfriend, Lindsey, used to publish a series of YouTube videos titled An Actor Prepares... in the past.
- In 2013, he injured his foot, his girlfriend left him, and during the 1st time he left his house, it started raining. He started laughing hysterically at how the events unfolded.
- Alex is well-known for playing Dewey Finn in a play, School of Rock – The Musical between November 2015 and November 2016, as well as in April 2017. The play was an adaptation from the 2003 film of the same name, starring Jack Black, Sarah Silverman, and Miranda Cosgrove.
- At the audition for School of Rock, Alex sang Free Fallin’ by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Highway to Hell by AC/DC. A lot of people told him they had no idea he could sing so well.
- He is a member of the comedy group The (M)orons. Other members are also Broadway actors and writers, F. Michael Haynie, Andrew Kober, and Drew Gasparini.
- Alex has a habit of taking vitamin pills every day.
- In his free time, Alex used to teach up-and-coming actors. He titled his acting masterclass Alex Brightman Teaches You How to Kick Auditions in the Ass.
- He suffers from an anxiety disorder and being bored triggers it.
- Alex and his family have a tradition of waking up late on Christmas day. Then, they start watching newly released movies and eating pizza or Chinese/Mexican food.
Featured Image by Alex Brightman / Twitter