|Alex Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1977|
Alex Jones is a Welsh TV presenter who is best known for co-presenting The One Show (2010-Present), a popular British TV magazine and chat show program. She has also presented/hosted multiple other TV programs including Tumble (2014), Close Calls: On Camera (2015–2016), and Shop Well for Less? (2016–2018).
Charlotte Alexandra Jones
Ammanford, Carmarthenshire, Wales, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Alex had attended Ysgol Gyfun Maes y Gwendraeth, a bilingual secondary school for pupils aged between 11 and 18 years, situated in Cefneithin, Carmarthenshire. She then studied theatre, film, and TV at Aberystwyth University, a public research university in Aberystwyth, Wales. She sat her final exams in Magaluf, Spain, while she was appearing as a contestant on the first series of the reality TV game show Prickly Heat.
- Father – Alun Jones
- Mother – Mary Jones
- Siblings – Jennie Jones (Younger Sister)
- Others – Denzil Jones (Paternal Grandfather)
She has been represented by YMU Group, Talent Management Firm, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alex has dated –
- Steve Jones (1999-2002)
- Matt Johnson (2003-2011)
- Charlie Thomson (2012-Present) – Alex began dating New Zealander insurance broker Charlie Thomson in 2012 and the couple got married in December 2015. They have 3 children together – a son named Edward Alun Burrell Thomson (b. January 2017), another son (b. May 2019), and a daughter named Annie (b. August 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Welsh descent.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Alex Jones Facts
- Alex used to train as a ballet dancer in her childhood.
- After leaving university, she worked as a TV researcher but was sacked from the job twice. Her breakthrough in the entertainment industry arrived when she was asked by a producer to audition for a TV show hosting/presenting role.
- She was a part of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) team for The Royal Wedding on April 29, 2011. She reported from Kate Middleton‘s hometown.
- In 2011, Alex participated in the 9th series of Strictly Come Dancing, a highly popular British competitive dance-based reality TV show in which celebrities partner with professional dancers to compete in ballroom and Latin dance. She was eliminated a week before the final, finishing 5th overall in the competition.
- In July 2012, she was made a Fellow of Aberystwyth University, her alma mater.
- In March 2014, Alex participated in the Sport Relief (a biennial charity event) appeal by being dragged up the 1,200 ft. high Moonlight Buttress in Zion National Park, Utah. Her appearance raised £1,281,476 for the charity appeal.
- In February 2016, she obtained a restraining order against a homeless man who used to send her vulgar tweets. The man also often used to follow her to her workplace and would often claim that he was in love with her.
- In March 2016, she took part in another challenge for Sport Relief. She and 5 other celebrities sailed 1,000 miles from Belfast to London, raising £1,062,868 for the charity appeal.
- In February 2018, Alex published a book titled Winging It! Parenting in the Middle of Life!
- She is a patron of the Kidney Wales Foundation, a Cardiff-based non-profit organization that is committed to research and raising awareness about renal health, since 1967.
Featured Image by Alex Jones / Instagram