|Alex Lynn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1993|
Alex Lynn is a British racing driver best known as a full-time competitor for Panasonic Jaguar Racing in the 2018-2019 Formula E season. He also drove for Aston Martin Racing in the 2018-19 FIA World Endurance Championship and finished in 8th place. Like most racing drivers, he began his career in karting at the age of 11 and competed for Andy Cox Racing. 4 years later, Alex made his debut for Ricky Flynn Motorsport in the KF2 category and finished in 6th place. He made his single-seater (open-wheel) car debut at the Formula Renault UK Winter Cup 2010, where he ended up in 10th place driving for Fortec Motorsport. After he raced for Giles Motorsport during the Toyota Racing Series in 2011 and finished 9th, he came back in January 2013 and won 2nd place overall and was named the highest placed international driver. Alex was also named as the driver for Fortec Motorsport at the 2012 British Formula 3 season, where he ended up in 4th place.
The very next year, in November, Alex drove for Theodore Racing by Prema at the Star River Windsor Arch 60th Macau Grand Prix in the Formula 3 class. After he qualified to get a pole position for the main race, he dominated the competition from start to finish and became the 1st British driver to win this Grand Prix competition since 2007. Following continued success in GP3, then GP2 series, he was named as a driver for Lotus F1 during the post-season testing and progressed to Formula 1 as a development driver for the Williams F1 team on January 28, 2015. In January 2017, he became a reserve driver for DS Virgin Racing in the Formula E Season and finally got his chance to race in July at the New York ePrix. Alex was also the winner of the 2017 12 Hours of Sebring, which became one of the achievements he was most proud of. He continued to race for DS Virgin racing during the 2017-18 season, before moving to Panasonic Jaguar Racing on March 28, 2019, in place of a fellow driver named Nelson Piquet, Jr.
Alexander George Lynn
Goodmayes, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Alex attended Saint Nicholas School in Old Harlow, Essex, England, United Kingdom.
- Father – Shaun Lynn (Racing Driver)
- Mother – She passed away in June 2019.
- Siblings – Max Lynn (Brother). He also has a sister.
Alex Lynn is represented by Kelly Hignett/Alex Lynn Racing (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom.
3 – Panasonic Jaguar Racing
10 – Carlin Motorsport
97 – Aston Martin Racing
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Lynn has dated –
- Blaise Dyer (2016-2018) – Alex was in a relationship with Blaise Dyer, also known as Blaise Ruby, which is her middle name, a social media star, and a blogger. She spent half of the time in London, England, and the other half in Cotswolds, England, United Kingdom. This attracted a large fanbase to her social media because she offered insight into 2 sides of life – living in both the capital city and the countryside. Alex has occasionally appeared in some of her vlogs but wasn’t fully-featured until her video, THE BOYFRIEND TAG Ft ALEX LYNN + GIVEAWAY on January 28, 2018, which was also their anniversary. They met on that exact day in 2016 for their 1st date at Brown’s restaurant. He distinctly remembered that she ordered scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast. Alex’s 1st impression of Blaise was that she was very confident because she turned up to her date with wet hair as she was previously in the gym. He was also the one that said: “I love you!” 1st, even though Blase wanted to, but resisted. Alex also knew her least favorite foods – lasagna with bechamel sauce, and pie, and her favorite drinks – Pepsi Max, Diet Coke, and Coca Cola Zero. He met her dad before her mom and Blaise also managed to impress him with her knowledge of soccer but only because her dad fed her the information. In addition, the only thing that annoyed Alex about her is that she left her boots on the floor and forgot to close drawers. Their 1st trip together was when she came to visit him after Monaco Grand Prix 2016 because she used to have a habit of not attending actual races and just coming after it’s over. Out of all celebrities that she saw that day, she was most impressed with Duncan Bannatyne, a British multi-millionaire, author, philanthropist, and businessman. Furthermore, the one thing Alex learned from her was: “You can’t be so opinionated yourself but not expect other people to give you their opinion back”. He also knew that her desire was to meet Khloe Kardashian someday and wished he could help make it true. He stopped featuring her on his social media in the 2nd half of 2018, which was presumably when they broke up.
- Anna Catherine (2019-Present) – In 2019, he introduced Anna as a girlfriend via Instagram. Anna was a member of the UTS Global Exchange program at the University of Zürich, which meant she split her time between Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, and Zürich, Switzerland. This fit Alex’s lifestyle perfectly, as he had to travel very often due to his occupation and they enjoyed visiting locations such as the luxurious Jumeirah Al Naseem resort in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in September 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
Slicked-back, dark brown haircut
Alex Lynn has endorsed brands such as –
- R-Motorsport/Aston Martin
- DS Virgin Racing
- Arai Helmet Ltd.
- The British Racing Drivers’ Club
- High5 Sports Nutrition
- DAVID NAMAN
- Oliver Peoples
- Beats by Dre
- Hackett London
- TAG Heuer
Best Known For
- Winning 3rd place in the 59th SJM Macau Grand Prix 2012 and being the highest-placed rookie driver overall before coming back to 60th SJM Macau Grand Prix 2013 to crush the competition from start to finish becoming the 1st Briton to win the Grand Prix since 2007
- Winning the 2017 12 Hours of Sebring racing event in Sebring, Florida, United States
- Racing for Panasonic Jaguar Racing in 2018-19 Formula E season
- Winning 8th place during the 2018–19 FIA World Endurance Championship driving for Aston Martin Racing
- His social media fanbase with more than 100k followers on Instagram and Twitter
First Formula E Match
Alex Lynn made his Formula E debut at New York ePrix in July 2017. He was a reserve driver for DS Virgin Racing and took place of a fellow team racing driver, José María López since José had commitments in the 2017 FIA World Endurance Championship. Alex qualified on pole for his debut but was forced to retire from the 1st race because of a transmission problem and from the 2nd race due to an issue with electrics.
Alex’s favorite physical activity is cycling. He enjoys riding a bike throughout the rich countryside in England, United Kingdom the most. Alex has also admitted that the rainy weather in England often prevented him from riding outside. For that reason, he often rode a stationary bike at the gym instead, commonly at the Chelsea Health Club in London.
He is also a big fan of basketball, soccer, and baseball, both playing the sports in person and watching them on TV. While in London, Alex is trained by the coaches at AW Performance, who specialize in preparing elite motorsport athletes for the physical challenges they have to face. Some of the exercises he does to maintain his physique are barbell overhead press for shoulders, weighted or bodyweight dips for front shoulders, triceps, and chest, and Russian twists with a kettlebell/medicine ball for his abs and core.
Alex Lynn Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination Activity – Skiing
- Race Track – Silverstone
- Hobbies – Being A Barista, Building Furniture
- Racing Event – Nurburging/The Nordschleife
- Racing Memory – 60th Macau Grand Prix 2013
- Car – Lime Green Lamborghini Miura SV
Source – alexlynnracing.com, Instagram Bio, Instagram
Alex Lynn Facts
- Despite traveling to beautiful destinations, Essex will always be home for him.
- He doesn’t like sitting around idly and gets bored with going to the beach, for example.
- Alex won the Formula Renault UK Winter Cup in 2010 before coming back to win the Formula Renault UK Cup next year.
- He lived in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, the United Kingdom from late 2014 until January 1, 2018, when he moved to London, England, United Kingdom.
- Alex’s sporting hero is Michael Schumacher, “for his single-minded determination to be the best”. His son, Mick Schumacher is also a racing driver.
- The person that has had the biggest influence on him, besides Michael is his dad, Shaun who is also a racing driver.
- For him, there are 2 things he cannot leave home without – wallet and iPhone. He also never carries cash with him which always causes problems.
- As of October 2019, his personal dream is to win both Formula E and World Endurance Championship and become the 1st racing driver to have a “double crown”.
- Alex appreciates competing in Formula E because competition in racing leads to technological improvements. He’s aware that new generations aren’t captivated by petrol cars anymore and care more about the environment, and being greener and healthier. Despite not directly thinking about the benefits of electric cars in Formula E while racing, they still end up slowly translating into cars of tomorrow, in his opinion.
- Alex learned a lot of “hard lessons” during the Monaco E-Prix in the Formula E Generation 2 Series in May 2019. His wheel came off during the 1st part after he bumped into a fellow driver Stoffel Vandoorne. He also deliberately attacked more kerbs harder than usual so he could dislodge the loose bodywork and prevent it from ruining his race. His effort ensured that his team, Panasonic Jaguar Racing, scored their 1st double-points finish.
- Visit his official website @ alexlynnracing.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Alex Lynn / Instagram