|Alexander Eling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1997|
Alexander Eling is a Canadian actor and musician who shot to fame after portraying the role of Darmala/Donalad in the 2nd season of Nickelodeon’s musical comedy television series Make It Pop (2016). Eling went on to appear in numerous other TV shows including Tiny Pretty Things (2020) and get featured in several films such as Heavy (2019).
Alexander Orlando Eling
He went to Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts.
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Shapely lips
- Thick eyebrows
- Cleft chin
Alexander Eling Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Breaking Bad, SpongeBob
- Book – Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- Play/Musical – Hamilton, having known every word of it
Source – Pop-Culturalist
Alexander Eling Facts
- He was involved in a number of his school’s plays.
- He has owned a cat named Oliver.
- Alexander has affirmed that he learned to play the guitar for the first time, for his role of Matteo in Tiny Pretty Things. He loved playing it to the point of becoming obsessed with it.
- Alexander has recalled that he had been emailed about the audition for Tiny Pretty Things, just like for any other screen test. He had done a self-tape at first, having felt great about it. However, nothing at all had happened for an entire month. After that, the same day his favorite basketball team Toronto Raptors, had won the championship, Alexander was put on hold for the part. He had gone in a week or so later and done a callback, soon after which he was told that it was a done deal. He had immediately picked up a guitar and started to practice along with all the usual prep work that he has always done.
- Eling has expressed that he has relished how his character in Tiny Pretty Things is a hard worker who stops at nothing, having been able to relate to that. He has, however, not understood his close-mindedness, and has been relieved to find him come around at the end. He has added that he had been drawn to the project mainly due to the character having felt the program to be right up his alley after reading the script. The filming had been done in Toronto, where he has hailed from and it had felt very good right from the beginning.
- Alexander had gone to Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts in his hometown in Scarborough, Toronto, without having a performing background. He had joined on a whim as his older step-sibling had gone there. He has considered himself to be lucky that he discovered his passion for it in about 10th grade. It had felt the most natural and he had the inkling that was what he was meant to do. Since 10th grade, he never even had the thought of doing anything else.
- Eling has thoroughly cherished portraying Javier Almanzar in the science fiction drama streaming television series Another Life since 2019, having loved the absurd nature of sci-fies He has remembered that his first day on set for the thriller had been episode 2, with him and his co-star in a huge dirt crater in the middle of nowhere outside of Vancouver. They were in spacesuits, running around doing a night shoot that was meant to be a moon fight. He had a lot of fun going to preposterous locations and sets that he realized he must have dreamt of doing when he was 14 years old.
- Alexander is double-jointed in both his thumbs and has played with them when he has been nervous.
- He has enjoyed singing as well as playing the drums.
Featured Image by ATCS / Instagram