|Alexandra Shipp Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1991|
Alexandra Shipp is an American actress who is known for playing roles in famous films like X-Men franchise, starting with X-Men: Apocalypse and 2018 romantic comedy film Love, Simon. She rose to fame after portraying the real-life musician Aaliyah in the 2014 film Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B. Shipp is also a songwriter, pianist, and a guitar player. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and over 150k followers on Twitter.
Alexandra Ruth Shipp
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shipp attended Squaw Peak Elementary School and St. Mary’s Catholic High School in Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist
- Father – Her father is a musician.
- Mother – Her mother is a Kundalini Yoga Teacher.
- Siblings – James Shipp (Older Brother) (Radio Host)
Alexandra is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (Talent and Literary Agency), Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- James McAvoy (2016) – Alexandra was rumored to be dating her X-Men co-star James McAvoy in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent on her father’s side and has English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Sporting different hairstyles (Curly, Short, Bald)
She has appeared in the M&M’s TV commercial in 2016.
She hasn’t spoken about her religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Storm in the X-Men franchise, starting with X-Men: Apocalypse
- Playing the character of Abby Suso in the romantic comedy Love, Simon in 2018
As a Singer
While being cast as the famous singer Aaliyah in the 2014 movie Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B, Alexandra contributed her voice to some of the scenes where Aaliyah was shown singing.
She made her theatrical film debut in the animated comedy film Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel in 2009.
First TV Show
Shipp made her first TV show appearance starring as Ashley on the romantic drama comedy series Switched at Birth in 2011.
She has trained with personal trainer Holly Lawson for her role in the movie X-Men: Apocalypse.
Alexandra Shipp Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Alexandra Shipp Facts
- She was scouted by a talent manager at the age of 14.
- Shipp played a guest role on the American sitcom Victorious with Victoria Justice in 2012.
- Apart from acting, she is also a songwriter, pianist, and a guitar player.
- She relocated to Los Angeles, California to chase her acting dream at the age of 17.
- Shipp portrayed real-life musician Aaliyah in the 2014 film Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B, which is considered as the most prominent role of her acting career.
- She has pet dogs named Kali and Layla.
- Follow Alexandra Shipp on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Alexandra Shipp / Instagram