|Ali Michael Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1990|
Ali Michael is an American model who is best known for her work with several popular brands and designers like Christian Dior, Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Lacoste, ADAM, Matthew Williamson, Max Azria, Doo.Ri, Paul Smith, Luella, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Aquascutum, House of Holland, Burberry Prorsum, Balenciaga, Sonia Rykiel, and many more. She has been featured on the cover of magazines like W, French Revue de Modes, Teen Vogue, and Harper’s Bazaar.
Alexandra Nicole Michael
Colleyville, Texas, United States
Alexandra attended Grapevine High School in Texas, USA. She though left the school, one semester before the completion to pay attention to her modeling career.
Fashion / Runway model
The model is signed to these modeling agencies –
- Kim Dawson Agency
- IMG Models – New York
- Iconic Management
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
- IMG Models – Sydney
- Oui Management (2012 – 2013)
- Elite Model Management – New York (2011 – 2012)
- Why Not Model Agency – Milan (2008 – 2012)
- Elite Model Management – London (2012)
- Elite Model Management – Paris (2012)
- Viva Models – Paris (2007 – 2012)
- Wilhelmina Models – New York (2011)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michael dated –
- David Broderick (2004-2007) – David is a guitarist from the local Texas band, Kingfish. They were romantically linked from 2004 to 2007. She first met David while in gym class of seventh grade.
- Matthew Gray Gubler (2010-2013) – From August 2010 to 2013, she was romantically linked with actor, model, and artist, Matthew Gray Gubler.
- Marcel Castenmiller (2015-Present) – In January 2015, she started dating English model Marcel Castenmiller. They posed for Urban Outfitters‘ campaign together in the same month.
Race / Ethnicity
She is known for her eyebrows, hair, skin, and lips
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
She had walked the ramp for the fashion houses like Adore, Coach, Em Polham, Lanvin ‘Jeanne’ fragrance, Orla Kiely, Pink VS, Sportmax.
Best Known For
Working as a model in the fashion industry, Ali is best known for her eyebrows and clear complexion.
She has appeared in the 2013 movie Intimate Semaphores for her role as Sasha Didiot.
First Fashion Show
She debuted with the fashion show Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 2007 in which she modeled for Alexandre Herchcovitch, Alice Roi, Anna Sui, Barbara Bui, Cacharel, Collette Dinnigan, Costello Tagliapietra, Custo Barcelona, Giles Deacon, Isaac Mizrahi, Jeremy Scott, Karen Walker, Rue du Mail, Lacoste, Lanvin, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, Sharon Wauchob, Terexov, Vanessa Bruno, Yohji Yamamoto.
She had always eaten junk food and sweets while growing up. This was her diet. And, running, and horse riding around the farms was her total workout and the daily exercises. This all went till she was 15.
Now, she likes to do cardio like cycling with Vanessa Giorgio (her instructor). Ali goes for spinning workout six days a week and her diet consists of organically grown foods.
Ali Michael Favorite Things
- TV Show – America’s Next Top Model (2003-)
- Designer – Marc Jacobs
- Food – Steamed vegetables like kabocha squash
Source – TheChalkboardMag.com, FMD
Ali Michael Facts
- She is good friends with Erin Heatherton, Daul Kim, Karlie Kloss, Skye Stracke, Chanel Iman, Meghan Collison, Laragh McCann, Tara Gill, Jenny Sweeney, Johanna Jonsson, Ali Stephens, and R’el Dade.
- Her hobbies include listening to Radiohead and Modest Mouse. She also likes to do horse riding.
- At the age of 15, she won Fashion!Dallas/ Kim Dawson Model Search contest in 2005.
- She has always remained a topic for discussion due to her weight issues.
- Due to her unhealthy weight (as per her height), she had not had her period for more than a year and also suffered hair loss problems.
- She enjoys shopping from Opening Ceremony in New York, and from Luella when in London.
- She didn’t go for the fashion week in New York, Milan, Paris, and London during February 2009.
- She had to also withdraw from Milan fashion week in February 2008 as her legs were too plump.
- She struggled with bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa in the past.
- Ali was Playboy‘s “Playmate of the Month” in July 2016.
- In November 2016, she was featured in the music video of The xx’s song, On Hold.