|Ali Wong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1982|
Ali Wong is an American actress, stand-up comedienne, and writer. She is best known for her Netflix stand-up specials Baby Cobra and Hard Knock Wife and for her television appearances in shows like American Housewife, Are You There, Chelsea?, Inside Amy Schumer, and Black Box. Wong has also amassed over a million followers on Instagram.
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended San Francisco University High School. Then, she got enrolled at the UCLA, majoring in Asian American Studies.
Actress, Comedienne, Writer
- Father – Adolphus Wong
- Mother – Tam “Tammy” Wong
- Siblings – She has 3 older siblings.
Ali is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ali has dated –
- Justin Hakuta (2010-Present) – Ali started dating Justin Hakuta, the son of inventor and TV personality, Ken Hakuta, a.k.a. “Dr. Fad”, after they met in 2010 at a wedding of mutual friends. Eventually, they tied the knot in 2014 and became parents to their first child, a daughter named Mari, in November 2015. Their second child, a daughter, was born in December 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Chinese ancestry on her father’s side and is of Vietnamese descent on her mother’s side.
Ali has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Her Netflix stand-up specials Baby Cobra and Hard Knock Wife and her television appearances in shows like American Housewife, Are You There, Chelsea?, Inside Amy Schumer, and Black Box
Ali made her theatrical film debut as Claire in the crime thriller film, Savages, in 2012.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut by voicing the character of General Olivia in the martial arts adventure-comedy film, The Lego Ninjago Movie, in 2017.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in the comedy crime series, Breaking In, as Ana Ng in 2011.
Ali Wong Facts
- Ali was a student body class president in high school.
- She became a member of UCLA’s LCC Theatre Company and discovered her new found love for acting.
- After her graduation, she tried a hand in stand-up comedy and did her first gig at the Brainwash Cafe before moving to New York.
- She came to New York to pursue comedy full time and sometimes she would even perform 9 times a night.
- Visit her official website @ aliwong.com.
- Follow Ali Wong on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Netflix / YouTube / CC BY 3.0