|Alina Zagitova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 18, 2002|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alina Zagitova is a Russian figure skater who has won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2018 Winter Olympics, the 2019 World Figure Skating Championships, the 2018 European Figure Skating Championships, the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in the 2017–18 season, the 2018 Russian Figure Skating Championships, the 2017 Internationaux de France event, the 2017 GP Cup of China, the 2018 ISU GP Finland, the 2018 GP Rostelecom Cup, the 2017 CS Lombardia Trophy, and the 2018 CS Nebelhorn Trophy. She had also won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2019 European Figure Skating Championships, the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in the 2018–19 season, the 2017 Russian Figure Skating Championships, and the 2019 Internationaux de France event. At the junior level, in her only season (2016-17), she had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2017 World Junior Figure Skating Championships, the ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) Final, the Russian Junior Figure Skating Championships, the 2016 ISU JGP France, and the 2017 European Youth Olympic Festival. At the team level, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the Japan Open (2017, 2019) and the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2018 Winter Olympics, and the 2018 Japan Open. After the 2018-19 season, she was ranked as the number 1 ladies’ singles skater in the official rankings issued by the ISU (International Skating Union).
Alina Ilnazovna Zagitova
Izhevsk, Udmurtia, Russia
Alina, as of August 2020, was a high school student.
- Father – Ilnaz Zagitov (Ice Hockey Coach, Former Ice Hockey Player)
- Mother – Leysan Zagitova
- Siblings – Sabina Zagitova (Younger Sister)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Volga Tatar descent.
- Toned physique
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- Long, straight hair
- Has a mole on her right cheek
Alina has served as the brand ambassador for –
She has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Sberbank of Russia
- Madoka Magica (smartphone video game)
- Aqua Minerale Active
Alina Zagitova Facts
- She had been nameless for nearly a year after her birth after which her parents decided to name her after the legendary Russian rhythmic gymnast Alina Kabaeva.
- Alina had moved to Moscow at the age of 13, with her grandmother, to avail of better training and practice facilities. She continued to live in Moscow with her grandmother for several years, away from her parents.
- She is a pet lover and has 2 exotic chinchillas, a dog, and a cat. After the 2018 Winter Olympics, she had been gifted an Akita Inu dog named Masaru by a Japanese breeder.
- At the 2016–17 ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) Final, she had become the first female figure skater at the junior level to achieve a total score (free skate + short program) of more than 200 points.
- She holds the record of being the first Russian female figure skater to have won the ‘Gold’ medal at the Winter Olympics, the World Figure Skating Championships, the European Figure Skating Championships, and the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final.
- She was featured on the cover of the May 2020 edition of the Cosmopolitan Russia magazine.
Featured Image by Alina Zagitova / Instagram