|Alison Van Uytvanck Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1994|
Alison Van Uytvanck is a Belgian professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 37 in singles in August 2018 and world number 66 in doubles in May 2022, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the quarter-final of the 2015 French Open and the 4th round of the 2018 Wimbledon Championships. As of June 2022, she had won 5 singles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2021 Astana Open (WTA 250), the 2019 Tashkent Open (International), the 2019 Hungarian Ladies Open (International), the 2018 Hungarian Ladies Open (International), and the 2017 Tournoi de Québec (International). At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, she had reached the 3rd round of the 2015 Wimbledon Championships and the 3rd round of the 2021 US Open. As of June 2022, she had won 2 doubles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2021 Luxembourg Open (WTA 250) and the 2018 Luxembourg Open (International).
Alison Van Uytvanck
Vilvoorde, Flemish Brabant, Belgium
Grimbergen, Flemish Brabant, Belgium
Alison graduated from Sint-Donatum Merchtem, a secondary school in Merchtem, a municipality in her home province of Flemish Brabant.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – René Van Uytvanck
- Mother – Krista Laemers
- Siblings – Sean Van Uytvanck (Older Brother), Brett Van Uytvanck (Twin Brother)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alison has dated –
- Greet Minnen (2016-2021) – Alison began dating fellow Belgian professional tennis player Greet Minnen in 2016 and the couple got engaged in December 2020. However, the pair had parted ways by October 2021. The duo had kicked up quite a storm in 2018 when they had kissed each other during the year’s Wimbledon Championships. The tournament’s organizers, notorious for their conservative attitude, were scandalized and the incident is remembered as ‘Wimbledon‘s first gay kiss’. As of June 2022, both Alison and Greet had won 2 doubles titles each on the WTA Tour. Coincidentally they had partnered with each other in both those tournaments. Also, those titles came in different editions of the same tournament (the Luxembourg Open) – in October 2018 and September 2021.
- Emilie Vermeiren (2022-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Belgian descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Spotted forehead
Alison has been sponsored by –
- Fila Holdings Corp. (South Korean sportswear manufacturer)
- Snauwaert (Italian tennis equipment manufacturer)
- Head Sport GmbH (American-Austrian sports equipment manufacturing company)
- Prince Global Sports, LLC (American sporting goods manufacturing company)
- WCUP (Belgian sports nutrition brand)
- BNP Paribas Fortis (Belgium-based subsidiary of the French banking group BNP Paribas)
- Hubo Belgium (Belgian chain of hardware stores)
- Signum Pro (German tennis equipment manufacturer)
- Copper (Belgium-based financial services consulting firm)
- Ford Belgium and Luxembourg (Belgian subsidiary of Ford Motor Company)
- AB Automotive (Belgian car dealership)
- Polar (fitness equipment manufacturer and wellness monitoring app developer)
Alison Van Uytvanck Favorite Things
- Tennis Shot – Serve
- Tennis Surface – Grass
- Tennis Tournament/Event – Brussels Open
- Tennis Idols/Role Models – Roger Federer, Kim Clijsters
- Hobbies – Listening to music, Watching movies
- Movie Genre – Romantic Comedy
- City – Prague
- Music Group/Band – The Script (Irish rock band)
Source – WTA Tennis, Wikipedia, alisonvanuytvanck.be
Alison Van Uytvanck Facts
- Alison began playing tennis at the age of 5 after being introduced to the sport by her older brother Sean.
- A few months after reaching the quarter-final of the 2015 French Open, she had reached a new career-high singles world ranking of 41.
- A growth on her right ankle had resulted in her missing several tournaments in the 2016 clay-court season which meant that she had dropped out of the ‘Top 100’ of the official WTA singles rankings by June 2016.
- As of June 2022, Alison’s only win over a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the singles rankings was her upset of Garbiñe Muguruza (then ranked number 3 in the world) in the 2nd round of the 2018 Wimbledon Championships.
- During her win at the Tashkent Open in September 2019, the 4th singles title of her career on the WTA Tour, she had not dropped any set until the final where she won in 3 sets.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in Dutch, English, and French, and can speak a bit of German.
- A major superstition of hers is that she starts each tournament in the same outfit.
- She owns a pet dog (cocker spaniel) named Jenna.
Featured Image by Alison Van Uytvanck / Instagram