|Alistair Petrie Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 30, 1970|
Alistair Petrie is a British actor who came into prominence after portraying Hodges in the comedy-drama television series Demob (1993). He cemented his fame by starring in several other TV shows like the Channel 4 program Utopia (2013-2014), and by getting featured in a number of notable films, such as the thriller The Bank Job (2008). Petrie has amassed more than 175k followers on Instagram.
Catterick, North Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
He attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- Father – He was an RAF fighter pilot.
He has been represented by Roxane Vacca Management.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Lucy Scott – He tied the knot with actress Lucy Scott. They have 3 sons together, including twins named Cal and Brodie (b. March 5, 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Tall stature
- Sharp nose
- Thin lips
Alistair Petrie Favorite Things
- Actor – Alan Rickman
- Dream For The Future – Healthy and happy children, Exciting projects, Good quality Wine, Interesting gossip, A saner and kinder political world that no one would have to contend with
Source – The Italian Reve
Alistair Petrie Facts
- He was raised in the Middle East, mainland Europe as well as East Africa.
- Alistair has stated that as he was on the move every 3 years because of his father being in the military, he had no strong relationship with theatre, particularly the professional kind. The moment he knew he wanted to be an actor was watching his mother in an amateur production of Toad of Toad Hall. She had only a little part with 1 line, however, when she has uttered it, the audience had roared with laughter. He had looked around, totally stunned and had found it to be totally magical. He has remembered the line which was “He called me Fatface!”
- Alistair has affirmed that he had thoroughly enjoyed filming the TV serial The Night Manager (2016). He had even beat his co-star Tom Hiddleston at table tennis in the hotel they had been staying in, with both of them fiercely competitive in a sport, that had made the match a real humdinger.
- Petrie has revealed that the freest he has ever felt while performing had been when he was doing Brand with Ralph Fiennes. He had forgotten a line and had to stop and figure out where exactly he was. Ralph had stared at him expectantly and the audience had taken in a breath. He had never felt so calm and found the line coming to him, eventually.
- He has been an ambassador for the medical research charity named Borne.
- Alistair has disclosed that his biggest goal when he has walked on stage has been to make sure he is fully prepared and committed to telling the story. He has always listened to the tannoy speaker while the audience takes their seats before a performance, even if it is months into a run. He has reminded himself that although he may have done the act many times, that particular set of the audience would be there for the first time, the thought of which has given him immense motivation.
Featured Image by Alistair Petrie / Instagram