|Tobias Santelmann Quick Info
|6 ft 2½ in
|Date of Birth
|August 8, 1980
Tobias Santelmann is a German-born Norwegian actor and stage artist who is best known for playing Knut Haugland in the historical drama film Kon-Tiki, Rhesus in the American action-adventure fantasy film Hercules, Ragnar in the British historical fiction television series The Last Kingdom, Joachim Rønneberg in the 6-episode war drama TV miniseries The Heavy Water War, and Prince Olav in the historical drama Atlantic Crossing. Moreover, Santelmann has also been a part of projects like Øyevitne (Eyewitnesses), Those Who Kill: Caught by Darkness, Grenseland, Jeg er din, Homeland, Kraftidioten, Varg Veum, Frikjent (Acquitted), Maria, Out Stealing Horses, and Point Break.
Tobias Santelmann got enrolled at the Oslo National Academy of the Arts and graduated in the year 2006.
Actor, Stage Artist
- Mother – Heiko Santelmann (Physician)
Tobias Santelmann has been repped by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tobias Santelmann has dated –
- Jennifer Braathen – He met Jennifer Braathen by sheer chance in a public toilet in Torshovteatret, Norway and they later started dating. The couple has been blessed with a daughter named Alba Santelmann.
Race / Ethnicity
Tobias Santelmann Facts
- When he was just a year old, his family shifted to Norway.
- He was raised in Lindesnes, a municipality in Agder county, Norway. At the age of 16, he moved to Oslo.
- Tobias Santelmann worked at The Norwegian Theatre in Oslo after graduating from the Oslo National Academy of the Arts.
- In 2012, he portrayed the character of Knut Haugland, a resistance fighter and noted explorer from Norway who accompanied Thor Heyerdahl on his famous 1947 Kon-Tiki expedition, in the Academy Award-nominated film Kon-Tiki.
- Santelmann was cast as Håvard in the drama film, Jag etter vind (English: Chasing the Wind), in 2013 and this role got him nominated for Amanda Awards for “Best Supporting Actor” and “Best Newcomer”.
- He played a supposed bloodthirsty warlord named Rhesus in the 2014 film, Hercules, in which he co-starred alongside Dwayne Johnson, Rufus Sewell, Joseph Fiennes, Peter Mullan, and others.
- From 2015 to 2018, Tobias Santelmann appeared as Ragnar the Younger in The Last Kingdom, a television series based on Bernard Cornwell’s The Saxon Stories series of novels.
- In 2020, he brought to life the character of Norwegian Crown Prince Olav in the historical drama miniseries, Atlantic Crossing, set in Norway and the United States during World War II.
Featured Image by Tobias Santelmann / Instagram