|Aljaž Škorjanec Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1990|
Aljaž Škorjanec is a Slovenian dancer, choreographer, model, and reality-TV star. He is best known for starring in the BBC TV series Strictly Come Dancing starting with its 11th series in September 2013, when he partnered with model Abbey Clancy.
London, England, United Kingdom
At the age of 5, he started attending International Dance Center Fredidance 3 to 4 days per week. This lasted throughout the entire primary school until the end of his high school years. He was coached by Fredi and Daniela Novak.
Dancer, Choreographer, Reality-TV Star, Model
- Father – Srečko Škorjanec
- Mother – Nataša Škorjanec
- Siblings – Lara (née Škorjanec) Ljubič (Younger Sister) (Dancer)
- Others – Zala (Niece), Vida (Grandmother), Nejc Ljubič (Brother-in-Law), Luis Manrara (Father-in-Law), Maritza Manrara (Mother-in-Law), Lesly Manrara (Sister-in-Law), Alejandro Manrara (Brother-in-Law)
Aljaž Škorjanec is represented by –
- Curtis Brown, Ltd. (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Prime Performers Speakers Agency (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom
- MiLK Model Management (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aljaž Škorjanec has dated –
- Janette Manrara (2011-Present) – He started dating a fellow American dancer, choreographer, and reality-TV star, Janette Manrara, in 2011, after they met at a dance studio in London the previous year. They got engaged on August 13, 2015, when Aljaž proposed to her in a London restaurant. The couple got married on July 15, 2017, and had 3 wedding ceremonies, held in London, Miami, and Slovenia. In February 2023, they announced that they were expecting their first child together. They also revealed that they were trying to conceive for more than 2 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
He often tends to dye his hair Dark Brown.
- Athletic physique
- Defined jawline
Aljaž Škorjanec Favorite Things
- Sports – Soccer, Basketball, Golf
- Soccer Club – FC Barcelona
- TV Shows – Game of Thrones (2011-2019), Dexter (2006-2013)
- Movies – The Godfather (1972), The Departed (2006)
- Dessert – Donuts
- Alcoholic Drinks – Wine, Beer
- Restaurant – Herman ze German
- Dancer – Len Goodman
- Quote – “My happiest days are those in which I do good work.” – Charlie Chaplin, 1915
Source – Wikipedia, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Aljaž Škorjanec Facts
- His love for wearing suits started at a young age.
- He started dancing at the age of 5 when he signed himself up for dancing lessons in pre-school without telling his parents. All the other boys chose soccer, hockey, and basketball while he followed the girls’ decision.
- According to him, the best way to start the day is by eating jam.
- Aljaž is a 19-time national champion in Ballroom, Ten Dance, and Latin.
- He competed for 13 years professionally and stopped due to the politics involved.
- He often takes references from Anton du Beke‘s Ballroom and Giovanni Pernice Latin when he’s preparing for that style of dance.
- Aljaž won the 11th season of Strictly Come Dancing in 2013, thus becoming the 4th professional dancer to win in his or her debut series.
- His 2nd best placement between 2013 and 2020 was the 15th season when he ended up in 2nd place partnered with actress and former model, Gemma Atkinson. Joe McFadden and Katya Jones won the series that year.
- He was also partnered with actress Helen George, journalist Kate Silverton, socialite, chef, and billionaire’s daughter Emma Weymouth, model Daisy Lowe, and TV presenter Alison Hammond.
- One of the most common questions he gets is about him talking moments before the dance starts on the TV show. Aljaž always gives his dancing partners “a massive pep talk” because they tend to lose confidence when they see the audience.
- He has a large tattoo that encompasses his right shoulder and triceps.
- One of his favorite vacation spots is Santorini in Greece. He went on a holiday there in June 2018 with choreographer Jason Gilkison and his partner James P. Carney.
- He has a dog named Bibi in Slovenia.
Featured Image by Aljaž Škorjanec / Instagram