|Amanda Palmer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1976|
Amanda Palmer is an American singer, songwriter, author, musician, and performance artist who has been a part of musical groups like The Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra, Evelyn Evelyn and has also performed as a solo artist. She has more than 1 million followers on Twitter, more than 300k followers on Instagram, more than 400k followers on Facebook, and more than 200k subscribers on YouTube.
Amanda MacKinnon Palmer
Amanda F***ing Palmer
New York City, New York, United States
Amanda studied at Lexington High School in Massachusetts.
She graduated from Wesleyan University in 1998.
Singer, Songwriter, Performance Artist, Musician, Author
- Father – Jack Palmer
Alternative Rock, Folk, Dark Cabaret
Vocals, Piano, Keyboard, Drums, Harmonica, Ukulele
- Cooking Vinyl
- 8ft. Records
- Roadrunner Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda has dated –
- Neil Gaiman (2008-2020) – Amanda married the much older author Neil Gaiman on January 2, 2011. She gave birth to son Anthony ‘Ash’ Gaiman on September 16, 2015. Theirs was an open marriage. However, the duo announced in May 2020 that they were getting separated but not divorced.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish ancestry.
Amanda Palmer Facts
- Her song Berlin (from the album Theatre Is Evil) was written about her time working as a stripper named Berlin at The Glass Slipper.
- She shaves her eyebrows weekly and draws them in with eyeliner.
- The single Voicemail for Jill (2019) was inspired by her personal experience of going through multiple abortions.
- In 2014, Amanda published her memoir titled The Art of Asking, which landed on the NY Times bestsellers list.
Featured Image by Howard Lake / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0