|Raekwon McMillan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 17, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Raekwon McMillan is an American professional football player who has represented the Miami Dolphins (2017–2019), the Las Vegas Raiders (2020), and the New England Patriots (2021–Present) in the National Football League (NFL), as a linebacker. He had been picked 54th overall in the 2nd round of the 2017 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins.
Midway, Liberty County, Georgia, United States
Raekwon had attended the Liberty County High School, a public school in Hinesville, Georgia.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the Ohio State University, a public land-grant research university in Columbus, Ohio, in 2014. There, he had represented the Ohio State Buckeyes football team. After his junior year, he had declared his intentions to enter the 2017 NFL Draft.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Rafael Washington
- Mother – Monica Washington
- Siblings – Kaiya (Younger Sister)
- 52 – Miami Dolphins
- 54 – Las Vegas Raiders
- 46 – New England Patriots
- 5 – Ohio State University
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
110 kg or 242.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Charming smile
- Often sports a light stubble
- Has his left hand covered in tattoos
Raekwon McMillan Facts
- His mother was an ardent fan of the American hip hop group Wu-Tang Clan in the 1990s and had named him after rapper Raekwon (Corey Woods), a founding member of the Wu-Tang Clan.
- In 2013, his high school senior year, he won the prestigious ‘Butkus Award’. The award was instituted in 1985 by the Downtown Athletic Club of Orlando and is presented annually to the top linebackers at the high school, collegiate, and professional levels of football. He was a 4-year starter linebacker and running back for his high school and had accumulated 456 career tackles and 10 forced fumbles.
- At the 2017 NFL Draft, he was the 7th linebacker selected after the Miami Dolphins had picked him up in the 2nd round. In May 2017, the team had signed him up on a 4-year, USD 4.69 million contract with USD 3.16 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of USD 1.55 million.
- In August 2017, he had made his professional debut in the Miami Dolphins’ first preseason game, against the Atlanta Falcons. He was forced to leave the game midway after suffering an apparent knee injury. The next day, it was reported that he had torn his anterior cruciate ligament which spelled the end of his rookie season. In September 2017, the Miami Dolphins had officially placed him on their injured reserve list.
- In 2018, he had made his professional regular-season NFL debut, and his first career start, in the Miami Dolphins’ season-opener against the Tennessee Titans. He had recorded 6 combined tackles in the game to help his team to a 27–20 victory.
- Raekwon had started all 16 games of his team’s 2018 NFL season and had recorded 105 combined tackles, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 pass deflection. He had started the 2019 season as his team’s starting middle linebacker and had played 13 games before suffering a hamstring injury in the season’s Week 15. He was placed on the injured reserve list in December 2019.
- In August 2020, he was traded to the Las Vegas Raiders along with a 2021 5th-round draft pick, for a 2021 4th-round draft pick.
- In March 2021, he signed up with the New England Patriots. However, he soon suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament after which he was placed on the injured reserve list in August 2021. He had signed a one-year contract extension through 2022 in September 2021.
Featured Image by Raekwon McMillan / Instagram