|Amy Beth Hayes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1982|
Amy Beth Hayes is a British actress who caught the acting bug when she was still studying in school. She eventually managed to secure a place in drama school but decided against joining as she had been offered a place at Oxford. She started her acting career with English theatre. After having made bit part appearances in several TV shows, she got her first substantial role in the comedy-drama TV series, Shameless.
Amy Beth Hayes
Abergavenny, Wales, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Amy Beth Hayes went to the Branksome Comprehensive School in Darlington, England. After the completion of school education, she got enrolled at the Keble College, University of Oxford, to read English and graduated with honors.
Later, she studied at London’s Central School of Speech and Drama, where she undertook an acting course.
- Father – Her father owned a bed and breakfast place.
Amy Beth Hayes is represented by the London-based talent agency, Hamilton Hodell.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Welsh ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘red’.
Blue with a hint of green
- Sharp nose
- Blue-green eyes
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Kitty Hawkins/Edwards in the ITV drama TV series, Mr Selfridge
- Having played the role of Amy in the drama TV series, The Syndicate
In 2014, she made her theatrical film debut as Beth Amoako in United We Fall.
First TV Show
In 2008, Amy Beth Hayes made her first TV show appearance on The Stolen Earth episode of the sci-fi TV show, Doctor Who.
Amy Beth Hayes tries to maintain an active lifestyle to keep herself in a good shape. She also tries to sustain a healthy dietary intake. Her daily diet is as follows –
- Breakfast – Poached eggs with avocado on toast
- Lunch – She prefers to have a salad loaded with leafy greens for lunch. She also adds figs, halloumi, and spinach to the salad.
- Dinner – Chicken with beans, broccoli, quinoa, and squash
Amy Beth Hayes Favorite Things
- Actress – Bette Davis
- Bette Davis Movie – All About Eve (1950)
Source – TheGlassMagazine.com
Amy Beth Hayes Facts
- While studying at the University of Oxford, she was a member of OUDS (Oxford University Dramatic Society).
- Her mother divorced her father when Amy was 9 months old. Amy moved to Darlington at the age of 5 as her mother had met someone there.
- She decided that she wanted to become an actress after having done a school play. She was cast in the play by her enthusiastic teacher.
- At the age of 17, she had managed to secure a place in the Guildhall School of Drama after having cleared their audition. She also got an opportunity to join Oxford at the same time. She decided to go with the latter.
- Amy started her acting career by appearing in numerous theatre productions. Even after her career as a film and TV actress took off, she continued to work in acclaimed plays.
- To prepare for her role in Mr Selfridge, she took special tango classes. She hated tango in the beginning but eventually ended up falling in love with it.
- Early in her career, she joined the prestigious National Youth Theatre, which has also served as a launchpad for established stars such as Dame Helen Mirren, Colin Firth, and Daniel Craig.
- She wasn’t given any script to read beforehand for her role in Mr Selfridge as the producers were looking to keep everything confidential. Instead, she was given to do a scene which was never used in the show later.
- To make ends meet as a struggling actress, she used to work as a waitress. She also had to work at the call centers.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Amy Beth Hayes / Twitter