|Amy Smart Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1976|
Amy Smart is an American actor, voice actor, and former fashion model who started her career in modeling in Italy. Over the years, she has been cast in a variety of movies such as The Butterfly Effect, The Last Time I Committed Suicide, How to Make the Cruelest Month, Interstate 60, Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!, National Lampoon’s Barely Legal, The Battle of Shaker Heights, Bigger Than the Sky, Starsky & Hutch, Bad Country, Break Point, The Best Man, Mirrors, Just Friends, Peaceful Warrior, Love N’ Dancing, Hangman, Her Costly Affair, The Reunion, Seventh Moon, House of the Rising Sun, Dead Awake, Run for Your Life, Columbus Circle, The Single Moms Club, 12 Dates of Christmas, Sister Cities, and The Keeping Hours. Moreover, Amy is also known for her television roles like playing Jasmine Hollander in the Showtime comedy-drama series Shameless, Annie in the drama series Smith, Ruby in the drama series Felicity, Alison Brander in the FX Western crime drama series Justified, and Barbara Whitmore in the superhero series Stargirl.
Amy Lysle Smart
Amy, A. Smart
Topanga, California, United States
Amy graduated from Palisades Charter High School.
Actor, Voice Actor, Former Fashion Model
- Father – John Boden Smart (Salesman)
- Mother – Judy Lysle (née Carrington) (Worked at a local J. Paul Getty Museum)
- Siblings – Adam (Brother) (Aspiring Artist)
- Others – Jack Harold Werts (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Jane Boden (Paternal Grandmother), Geddes Warren Carrington (Maternal Grandfather), Charlotte Luise Lysle (Maternal Grandmother)
Amy Smart has been signed with The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Smart has dated –
- Branden Williams (1994-2006) – Amy dated actor Branden Williams for more than a decade. They were romantically linked to each other from 1994 to 2006. During this time, their relationship went ON and OFF. Amy moved with Branden in his apartment in 2005 and soon after that time, the relationship ended in 2006.
- Ashton Kutcher (2003) – It was RUMORed that she had an affair with actor Ashton Kutcher in the year 2003. They have worked together in the sci-fi drama film The Butterfly Effect (2004).
- Carter Oosterhouse (2010-Present) – In November 2010, Amy started dating TV personality, Carter Oosterhouse. They had their first date at Lake Michigan while on a boat. She married HGTV star, Carter on September 10, 2011, in Traverse City, Michigan. They, however, engaged back in April 2011. At 40, she became a mom for the first time. On December 26, 2016, her daughter Flora Oosterhouse was born via surrogate.
Race / Ethnicity
Amy has mainly English, German, and Irish ancestry. And also some Dutch, Swiss-German, and Welsh ancestry.
34-24-34 in or 87-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
She has appeared in TV and print ads for AT&T (1998), Unionbay (1995-1996), and J. Crew (1996).
Best Known For
Playing Sarah Marie Barker in the comedy film The Best Man (2005) and Pia Martin in the supernatural film 7500 (2014)
Her first film was the 1996 short film A & P where she played the role of Queenie.
First TV Show
In 1996, she played the role of girl #1 in episode #1.2 of the TV show Seduced by Madness: The Diane Borchardt Story.
Amy Smart is a skilled ballet dancer. She practices Cardio Barre which combines ballet and barre class. Smart regularly follows kundalini yoga, which combines Guru Granth mantras, meditation, breathing exercises, and movement.
Smart also tries to keep herself active throughout the day to keep her metabolism up and thus maintain a healthy weight. Her eating habits are mostly organic. She sometimes skips her meals during traveling.
Amy Smart Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
- Drink – Cosmo
- Movie – Dirty Dancing (1987)
- Restaurant – BoccaLupo in Atlanta
Source – Us Magazine
Amy Smart Facts
- She is good friends with model and actor Ali Larter.
- In 1998, Amy appeared in the music video Counting Crows’ by Hanginaround.
- She is excellent at ballet dancing. She studied it for nearly 10 years.
- She has two pet cats – Yogi and Nala.
- She does not like to watch horror movies.
- In 2020, she was seen as Barbara Whitmore in the superhero television series, Stargirl.
- Amy has always been a spiritual book junkie. Among her early reads are Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus and Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
- She is left-handed along with her mom and dad.
- Amy has a certification as a Kundalini yoga teacher.
- Smart loves earthing and putting her bare feet on the ground.
- In 2020, she started appearing as Barbara Whitmore (Courtney’s mother and Pat Dugan’s wife who strives to balance her work and home life) in the superhero drama series Stargirl.
- She carries her indoor plants, dog, and cat with her whenever she travels for a long period of time.
- In 2021, she tried to learn how to play the baritone ukulele.
- She loves cooking and reads cookbooks at night in search of new recipes.
- When Amy was a kid, she was called ‘Curious George’ by her teacher as she asked too many questions.
- At 14, she had her first modeling job when she posed for the Robinsons-May catalog wearing a Tweety Bird nightgown.