|Andrea Barber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1976|
Andrea Barber is an American actress and writer who is known for having been cast in roles like Kimmy Gibbler in the ABC sitcom Full House, Carrie Brady in the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives, and Principal Willingham in the Nickelodeon comedy series That Girl Lay Lay. In addition to that, she has also been cast in many other on-screen projects which include shows and movies such as Fantasy Island, Do You Remember Love, St. Elsewhere, Wonderful World of Color, The Twilight Zone, Our House, Growing Pains, To Grandmother’s House We Go, Funny or Die, Hollywood Darlings, Christmas on Candy Cane Lane, The Talk, and The Skateboard Kid II.
Andrea Laura Barber
Los Angeles, California, United States
California, United States
Andrea went to La Serna High School in Whittier.
She then got enrolled at Whittier College graduating with a degree in English.
After that, she joined the University of York from where she did an MA degree in Women’s Studies.
- Father – Donald Barber
- Mother – Sherry Barber
- Siblings – Darin Barber (Older Brother), Justin Barber (Older Brother)
Andrea Barber has been represented by –
- Savage Agency
- The Rosenzweig Group, Inc., Talent Management Company, Encino, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth has been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andrea Barber has dated –
- Jeremy Rytky (2002-2014) – Andrea Barber got married to Jeremy Rytky in September 2002. Two years after getting married, she gave birth to a son Tate James Rytky in April 2004. In April 2007, she gave birth to a daughter, Felicity Ruth Rytky. Their 12-year-old marriage came to an end in 2014 as they decided to separate by a mutual decision.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Broad smile
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
7 (US)or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Andrea has headlined the promotional campaigns for –
- Apple II Computer
- Quaker Oh’s Cereal
- Van DeKamps fish
- Intellivision video game Lock ‘N’ Chase
- AT&T telephone
- Punky Brewster doll
- American Veterinary medical association
- McDonald’s hot wheels happy meal
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Kimmy Gibbler in the ABC TV series, Full House
- Portraying Carrie Brady in the TV drama series, Days of Our Lives from 1982 to 1986
Andrea made her film debut with the 1995 film The Skateboard Kid 2 in the role of Tilly Curtis.
First TV Show
From 1982 to 1986, Andrea was seen in the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives as Carrie Brady.
For this role, she won the Soap Opera Digest Awards for “Outstanding Youth Actress in a Daytime Soap Opera” and “Outstanding Youth Actress in a Daytime Serial” in 1984 and 1985, respectively, as well as got nominated for the Young Artist Awards for “Best Young Supporting Actress in a Daytime or Nighttime Drama” and “Outstanding Young Actress – Regular Daytime Serial” in 1985 and 1986, respectively.
Andrea Barber loves to work her booty in the gym. She particularly can’t get enough of squats. She also loves to work her core muscles with her preferred exercises being planks and ball slams.
She also likes long-distance running and has participated in numerous half and full marathons. To prepare for long-distance running, she goes out on long runs on a daily basis. She places special emphasis on stretching exercises as well. Also, to elongate and relax her muscles, she likes to practice yoga as well.
Her pre-race dinner comprises of a half-chicken and half-pasta dish. However, if it is a fun run, she adds a beer balanced with water to her dinner as well.
Her preferred pre-run snack is a banana and peanut butter.
Andrea Barber Favorite Things
- Music Band – New Kids on the Block
Source – She Knows
Andrea Barber Facts
- For the Full House TV series, she had originally auditioned for the role of DJ Tanner. She felt that personally, she was the polar opposite of the role she was eventually cast in.
- Her role in Full House won her the Young Artist Awards for “Best Young Actress Supporting Role in a Television Series” and “Best Young Actress Supporting or Re-Occurring Role for a TV Series” in 1990 and 1991, respectively.
- While studying at Whittier College, she studied in Denmark for one semester as a foreign exchange student.
- For a short while in 2000, she worked as an assistant to the director of the Office of International Programs at Whittier College.
- She started acting at the age of 4.
- After her role came to an end in Full House, she took a break from acting which stretched out to about 2 decades before returning to a leading role in the sequel Fuller House. Her role in Fuller House got her nominated for a Teen Choice Award for “Choice TV: Chemistry” (shared with Candace Cameron Bure and Jodie Sweetin).
- In 2021, she started playing Principal Willingham in the comedy television series That Girl Lay Lay. It stars That Girl Lay Lay.