|That Girl Lay Lay Quick Info
|4 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|January 28, 2007
That Girl Lay Lay aka Alaya High is an American hip-hop artist and social media star who took the internet by storm after dropping numerous freestyle videos that she usually filmed with herself sitting on the passenger seat of her father’s car, having first gone viral with her freestyle over BlocBoy JB‘s Shoot. In August 2018, at the age of 11, she became the youngest-ever female rapper to sign a music label upon bagging a contract with Empire Records. Lay Lay released her 1st album, Tha Cheat Code in 2018 along with her debut single Go Lay Lay Go. She has also appeared on several TV shows including Group Chat with Annie and Jayden (2020). She has amassed more than a million followers on her Instagram account.
That Girl Lay Lay
Houston, Texas, United States
Rapper, Social Media Star
- Father – Acie High (Rapper)
Rap, Hip Hop, Pop, Dance-Pop
4 ft 7 in or 140 cm
30 kg or 66 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
That Girl Lay Lay Favorite Things
- Artist Of All Times – Rihanna
Source – Life And Style Mag
That Girl Lay Lay Facts
- She has recalled that she has been composing, producing, rapping, as well as singing since she was 5 years old, having been inspired by her father whom she has practiced with in order to hone her talent. Lay Lay has affirmed that she learned freestyle from him and she used to enjoy watching him perform in the studio. She has stated that she has realized rapping takes practice and has been focused on keeping on practicing it.
- Despite having shifted to Atlanta in Georgia in order to make her career, she has always regarded her birthplace Houston to be her hometown and has seen it as a place close to her heart.
- Lay Lay has disclosed that her father motivated her to turn vegan by himself following such a diet for several years.
- She performed at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 28, 2019.
- Lay Lay has affirmed that she has enjoyed rapping about a wide variety of things including food, pots and pans, butterflies, and anything and everything that has come to her mind. Her lyrics have been kid-friendly and have always screamed confidence.
- Lay Lay has always finished off her performance by pulling out lip gloss and applying it, thereby making it seem to be her signature move.
- Lay Lay has revealed that she has prepared for her shows by exercising and eating well, Yoga having been her preferred way to remain fit. She has run and worked out while rapping. She has added that she has believed it to be very important to stay fit if she wants to be on stage. Lay Lay has stated that if there is something that she has craved to do, she has taken her time and has focused fully on it.
- In October 2021, Alaya High had released a new song I’m That along with Dylan Gilmer. The song was produced by Jermaine Dupri.
Featured Image by That Girl Lay Lay / Instagram