|Jermaine Dupri Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1972|
Jermaine Dupri is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, record executive, entrepreneur, television producer, and DJ. His discography includes several tracks and albums including Life in 1472, Instructions, The Party Continues (ft. Da Brat and Usher), Sweetheart (with Mariah Carey), Money Ain’t a Thang (ft. Jay-Z), I’ve Got to Have It (ft. Nas and Monica), Going Home With Me (ft. Keith Sweat and R.O.C.), Ballin’ Out of Control (ft. Nate Dogg), Welcome to Atlanta (with Ludacris), Gotta Getcha (ft. Johnta Austin), F U Pay Me (with Da Brat ft. The-Dream), I Think They Like Me (with Dem Franchize Boyz, Da Brat, and Bow Wow), WYA (Where You At?) (ft. Bow Wow), Not So You, Alessandro Michele (with Da Brat), and So Loveable.
Jermaine Dupri Mauldin
JD, Don Chi Chi
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Jermaine Dupri dropped out of school when he was studying in 10th grade as he wanted to focus on his music career.
Record producer, Record executive, Rapper, Songwriter, DJ, Television producer
- Father – Michael Mauldin (Promoter, Record producer, Music executive, Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Tina Mosley
Jermaine Dupri has been represented by –
- DGI Management
- Jeff Rabhan Management, Music Artist Management Company, New York, United States
Hip-hop, R&B, Soul
- So So Def
- Virgin Records
- Island Urban Music
- Def Jam
His net worth had been $2.5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jermaine Dupri has dated –
- Pam Sweat – Jermaine Dupri met Pam Sweat when he was 25 years old. Their relationship switched gears pretty quickly as she told him that she was pregnant after they had dated only for weeks. She eventually gave birth to a daughter, Shaniah Mauldin. Dupri has been very involved in Shaniah’s upbringing.
- Kandi Burruss – During her appearance on The Wendy Williams Show, singer and TV personality, Kandi Burruss confirmed that she had a fling with Dupri in the past. However, she did refute rumors that claimed her affair with Dupri led to the breakup of her music band Xscape.
- Janet Jackson (2002-2009 and 2017) – Dupri started going out with actor and singer Janet Jackson in 2002. They dated for about 7 years before calling quits in the summer of 2009. It was alleged that he had cheated on her. Towards the end of 2017, they had reportedly rekindled their romance. It was claimed that Dupri had reached out to comfort her after the end of her marriage to Qatari business magnate, Wissam Al Mana. In December 2017, they were pictured cuddling up at the afterparty, which was organized after she wrapped up the United States leg of her State of the World tour.
- In 2010, Dupri was hit with a lawsuit over missed child support payments and in March 2010, he was ordered to pay Sarai Jones $2,500 a month, after the paternity test proved that he was, in fact, the father of her 7-year-old daughter. It was claimed that this indiscretion led to the collapse of his relationship with Janet Jackson. In September 2015, he took to his Instagram to introduce his daughter, Jalynn, who is reported to be Sarai Jones’ daughter by some tabloids.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- The commercial success and popularity of his studio album, Instructions. The album managed to reach 15th position on the US music charts.
- Having worked as a music producer for some of the most popular stars such as Mariah Carey, Usher, Lil Wayne, and Weezer
On July 21, 1998, he released his debut studio album Life in 1472 and it includes tracks like Fresh (ft. Slick Rick), Turn It Out (ft. Nas), Money Ain’t a Thang (ft. Jay-Z), Sweetheart (ft. Mariah Carey), All That’s Got to Go (ft. Da Brat and Latocha Scott), You Get Dealt Wit” (ft. Mase and Lil’ Kim), and Protector’s of 1472 (ft. Snoop Dogg, R.O.C., and Warren G).
The album peaked at number #1 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #3 on the US Billboard 200 chart, and at number #20 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart. Also, it was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and ‘Gold’ by Music Canada.
He made his theatrical film debut as Melvin in the 1999 thriller, In Too Deep.
First TV Show
In 1992, Jermaine made his television show debut as a DJ in A Different World. His role was uncredited.
In 1996, he was credited for the role of a waiter in the drama-comedy series Moesha.
Jermaine Dupri relies on his vegan diet to keep himself fit and healthy.
Jermaine Dupri Favorite Things
- Beverage – Green Tea
- Alcoholic Drink – Tequila
- Atlanta Hotel – St. Regis in Buckhead
- Artists – Mariah Carey, Leah LaBelle, Fresco Kane, Usher, Nelly, Global14
- Atlanta Tourist Spots – Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site, World of Coca-Cola, and Georgia Aquarium
- Atlanta Hookah Bars – Medusa Lounge, Xhale City, Red Martini, and Istanblue
- Atlanta Restaurants – Viva La Vegan and Cafe Sunflower
Jermaine Dupri Facts
- When he was 10 years old, he got an opportunity to get on the stage and dance with Diana Ross. His father had coordinated the concert, which proved to be beneficial for Dupri.
- At the age of 12, he started working as a dancer for the Brooklyn-based hip-hop group Whodini.
- He released his 2nd studio album Instructions on October 30, 2001, through So So Def Recordings and Columbia Records. It peaked at number #3 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #15 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In 2015, he collaborated with Queen Latifah to create reality TV series, The Rap Game.
- He was involved in the production of Destiny’s Child’s debut album. He had also written and produced many singles for Usher’s second album, My Way.
- Prior to launching his career as a rapper, he had established his own store by the name of Rap Corna Guuds.
- In 2008, he released his autobiography, Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of a Music Mogul.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0