|LaTocha Scott Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1973|
LaTocha Scott is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, television personality, and occasional actor who is best known as a member of the female R&B group Xscape. Formed in 1991, the group has released several albums, tracks, and extended plays like Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha, Off the Hook, Traces of My Lipstick, Here for It, Is My Living in Vain, Just Kickin’ It, Understanding, Wifed Up, Love on My Mind, Feels So Good, Tonight, Who Can I Run To, My Little Secret, Do You Want To, What’s Up, Can’t Hang (ft. MC Lyte), The Arms of the One Who Loves You, and Dream Killa. In addition to that, LaTocha Scott has also been a part of shows and movies such as Fair Game, R&B Divas: Atlanta, and The All-New Mickey Mouse Club (MMC).
College Park, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
LaTocha Scott went to the Tri-Cities Performing Arts High School in East Point, Georgia and graduated in 1992.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor, Television Personality
- Father – Randolph Scott (Pastor)
- Mother – Gloria McFarlin (Teacher)
- Siblings – Tamika Scott (Younger Sister) (Singer, Member of rap group Xscape)
- Others – LaTocha’s 2 uncles had collaborated with her father to form the music group known as Scott Three in the 70s.
LaTocha Scott has been managed by her husband Rocky Bivens.
Contemporary R&B, Soul, Hip-hop, New Jack Swing
- So So Def Recordings
- Columbia Records (1992-1998)
- Sony Music Entertainment (2001)
Her net worth has been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
LaTocha Scott has dated –
- Rocky Bivens (1995-Present) – After having dated for quite a time, LaTocha Scott got married to Rocky Bivens, a music industry executive in 1995. Over the course of their marriage, she gave birth to a son, Jamon, in August 1997 and he has played basketball for Troy University in Alabama. It has been claimed that Bivens was responsible for LaTocha’s decision to leave Xscape. As the story goes, the tension between group members was on the rise as soon as Bivens started managing the group.
Race / Ethnicity
- Fuller Lips
- Curvaceous figure
Best Known For
Being a member of the all-girl R&B group, Xscape, which is best known for having sold several commercially successful albums in the 90s. Their studio albums Off the Hook and Traces of My Lipstick were huge hits and were certified ‘Platinum’.
- The first album of her music group was Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha, which was released in October 1993 and went on to peak at #3 on the US Billboard Hip Hop charts.
- Her solo single was Promises, which was released in 1998 on the NFL Jams album.
- In 2003, she eventually managed to release her debut studio album, Solo Flight 404.
First TV Show
In 1993, LaTocha Scott made her first TV show appearance as herself in the music talk show, Soul Train.
LaTocha has managed to lose weight after adopting a healthy lifestyle. She works out regularly.
She also made changes to her diet. LaTocha has completely stopped eating pork and red meat. She has become a pescatarian. She also tries to eat a lot of fruits and veggies.
LaTocha Scott Facts
- By the age of 6, she had started performing at weddings and church.
- By the time she reached the age of 11, she had recorded a song with her father.
- While she was studying in high school, LaTocha and her sister Tamika met Kandi Burruss. They recruited Tamera Coggins to form their music group.
- After Tamera left the group, Tameka Cottle was selected after an audition and Xscape was officially formed.
- Xscape caught record executive Ian Burke’s eye in 1992 at the BET’s Teen Summit. Burke decided to become the manager of the group.
- Her music group managed to impress the record producer Jermaine Dupri while performing at his birthday party, prompting him to sign them to his label So So Def Recordings.
- On July 1, 1995, Xscape‘s 2nd studio album titled Off the Hook was released via So So Def Recordings and Sony Music Entertainment. The album peaked at number #3 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #23 on the US Billboard 200 chart as well as was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- She has started the Golden Gyrls Foundation, which aims to inspire and mentor girls who have low esteem issues.
- Xscape‘s 3rd studio album Traces of My Lipstick was released on May 12, 1998, via So So Def Recordings and Sony Music Entertainment and it consists of songs like The Arms of the One Who Loves You, The Runaround, Hold On, I Will, and One of Those Love Songs. It peaked at number #6 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #28 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- LaTocha was all set to release her solo album with Sony Urban but her dispute with the label made it impossible for her to release the album. She felt that she hadn’t received sufficient backing from the label.
Featured Image by LaTocha Scott / Instagram