|Andrea Maddaluni Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 30, 1996|
Andrea Maddaluni is an Italian athlete and social media star, best known for winning or placing high in taekwondo competitions across the world as well as being a 2-times Italian University Champion in Olympic categories, and also a winner of the bronze medal at the Italian Taekwondo Championship in 2017. He got his start via the social media platform ASK.fm, through which more than 200k followers got the chance to ask him personal questions anonymously or publicly. He used the platform to further promote taekwondo as a sport by answering more than 4k questions and amassing more than 9 million likes on his responses. On November 16, 2014, he wanted to move his followers elsewhere and made his 1st post on Instagram, which was a video recording of his taekwondo match in Zagreb, Croatia. He clarified that he had a late start at age 15, and in 4 years managed to win every colored belt and got to the black belt in the discipline. In 2018, he hired a new trainer in Italy and began training every day and aimed to compete in the World Taekwondo Grand Prix tournament as part of the Italian National Team. Andrea has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 350k followers on Instagram.
Florence, Tuscany, Italy
- Florence, Tuscany, Italy
- Greve, Tuscany, Italy
- Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Andrea attended Liceo Scientifico Guido Castelnuovo in Florence, Tuscany, Italy between September 2010 and June 2015.
After graduating, he enrolled in Università Degli Studi di Firenze in Florence, Tuscany, Italy.
Athlete, Social Media Star
- Siblings – He has a brother.
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Tall, athletic physique
- Slicked-back undercut haircut
- Dimpled smile
Andrea Maddaluni has endorsed brands such as –
- Napapijri (2016)
- ZARA (2016, 2017)
- Armani (2016)
- Grabdeals (2016)
- Budomarket (2016)
- Woolrich (2016)
- Adidas Originals (2017)
- Gucci (2017)
- H&M (2017)
- Nike Sportswear (2017)
- County of Milan (2017)
- Levi’s Italia (2017)
- G-SHOCK (2017)
- PYREX Originals (2017)
- Alpha Woman (2017)
- Mariano Di Vaio Collection (2017)
- CASIO (2017)
- STO CLOTHING (2017)
- Moschino (2017)
- Philipp Plein (2018)
- The North Face Italy (2018)
- Gosha Rubchinskiy (2018)
- Stone Island (2018)
Best Known For
- Becoming a taekwondo athlete at the age of 15 and 2-times Italian University Champion in Olympic categories
- Winning a bronze medal at the 2017 Italian Taekwondo Championship
- His social media fanbase with more than 350k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on ASK.fm
In November 2016, his coach was Paolo Bacciu who trained him before he became a 2017 Italian Championship bronze medal winner. In 2018, he began working with a new coach, Taekwondo master Domenico Mazzocca, who moved to a town 1 hour away from Andrea to train him. That meant, Andrea had to travel an hour to the gym and back practically every day and when asked, stated: “It’s tiring, but to get to the top you have to make sacrifices and when you have a dream you do them more than willingly.”
On May 28, 2019, he uploaded a video titled MY PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION (FROM 68 TO 82 KG IN TWO MONTHS !!) demonstrating his incredible physical feat of adding muscle mass in such a short period of time. In the video, he demonstrated the gym exercises that helped him get there, but never spoke of the exact routine he used. Andrea combined all that was available to him and did a high number of repetitions for hypertrophy using cables but also went heavy on exercises such as barbell bench press, and did between 2 and 6 repetitions in the last set.
He never mentioned doing legs exercises in the gym, but shared videos of him perfecting his kicking technique, which possibly made up for it. Some of the exercises he used were – biceps curls with free weight combined with cable biceps curls, cable chest flyes, pec deck, standing shoulder flys, lat-machine pulldowns for his back, flat and inclined bench press, and pull-ups.
Andrea also stated that he hasn’t used, nor does he endorse taking drugs at such a young age, warning his followers that it would only unnecessarily pose a health risk for just a few extra pounds of muscle.
Andrea Maddaluni Favorite Things
- Singer – Justin Bieber
- Perfume – Hugo Boss Invictus
- TV Show – Riverdale
- Book Series – Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Songs – Go Back Home by Måneskin, Tu Si a Fine do’ Munno by Angelo Famao, Sicko Mode by Travis Scott
Source – Instagram Stories, Instagram, ASK.fm, ASK.fm
Andrea Maddaluni Facts
- His mom is from Florence, Tuscany, Italy, while his dad is from Benevento, Campania, Italy. He jokingly added that strong people have at least “some southern Italy blood.”
- He competed in swimming for 10 years. However, because he developed late, his opponents outgrew him and he started losing. Andrea continued competing for 2 to 3 years despite having bad results before quitting for good.
- Andrea discovered taekwondo by accident. Athletes came to his brother’s school to do a demonstration, and after he tried it out on their insistence, he fell in love “as soon as he hit the mat.”
- As of July 2019, his dream is to join the Italian military sports group and he has already beaten their athletes.
- The best way he knows to calm himself is to have a girl scratch his head with long nails.
- Andrea’s mother told him that the fact that he posts bare-chested photos gives his followers an idea that he’s a superficial boy. His response was that people that know him personally are aware of his true personality, which is enough for him.
- He sleeps in a wide sweatshirt or bare-chested.
- Andrea has dimples on both sides of his face, but the one on the right side is much more pronounced.
- Andrea doesn’t care if people wear branded clothing or not, and is only bothered when colors aren’t matching.
- He had his 1st kiss at the age of 16.
- Andrea got his 1st girlfriend when he was 17 years old, but ended up with stomach cramps instead of butterflies, according to him. He clarified that it was a toxic relationship where he loved and cared for her more than she did him.
- Andrea is a jealous person in a relationship and has beaten someone up for a girl.
- He has a tattoo on the left side of his body, just under his left pec, of a well-known Latin phrase “audentes fortuna juvat” or “fortune favors the bold.”
- Andrea stated that sincerity on social media brought him the audience that he has. He was truly himself when answering and not trying to impress anyone. According to him, his only goal was to convey traits he himself possesses – discipline, respect, sense of sacrifice, and passion.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, ASK.fm, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Andrea Maddaluni / Instagram