|Andrés Nocioni Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1979|
Andrés Nocioni is an Argentine retired professional basketball player who was a two-time All-EuroLeague selection and later went on to spend 8 seasons in the National Basketball Association (NBA). During the course of his basketball career, he had played for teams like Independiente de General Pico, Olimpia Venado Tuerto, Chicago Bulls, Philadelphia 76ers, Sacramento Kings, Peñarol de Mar del Plata, Real Madrid, and many more. In 2015, he won a EuroLeague title and also won the “EuroLeague Final Four MVP Award” that season. Andrés has been the recipient of honors like “Spanish League MVP”.
Andrés Marcelo Nocioni
Santa Fe, Argentina
He attended school in Galvez, a province located 80 km south of the Argentinian city, Santa Fe.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Jose Pilo Nocioni
- Mother – Angela Palmira Roux
- Siblings – Pablo Nocioni (Older Brother)
Nocioni is signed with George Bass.
Small Forward (Can play as Power Forward too)
6 ft 6¾ in or 200 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andres Nocioni dated –
- Paula Raquel Aimonetto – Andres is married to Paula Raquel Aimonetto with whom he has two sons Laureano and Benicio.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue Eyes
Best Known For
Winning the gold medal at the 2004 Summer Olympic Games in Athens, Greece as a member of the national team of Argentina.
He is also known for playing in the NBA for Chicago Bulls, Sacramento Kings and Philadelphia 76ers.
First Basketball Match
Andres played his first official NBA game on November 5, 2004, when as a player of the Chicago Bulls, he competed against the New Jersey Nets.
The Bulls lost the game in double overtime with the final score being 111-106.
Nocioni achieved a double-double by scoring 17 points, grabbing 14 rebounds along with 2 steals, 1 assist and 1 blocked shot for a total of 42 minutes spent on the court.
- First Step
- Ball Handling
Nocioni has not acted in a feature film yet.
However, Andres performed in the 2015 70-minute documentary film León, reflejos de una pasión.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Andres has appeared in the TV series Caiga quien caiga – CQC from 2009 to 2012 as himself.
Andres Nocioni Facts
- He holds a dual citizenship of Argentina and Italy.
- Despite he was born in Santa Fe, Nocioni grew up in Galvez, a province located 80 km of Santa Fe.
- He got his nickname “Chapu” after the kid of the TV series El Chapulin Colorado (1973).
- Andres first competed in the LNB Argentinian basketball league from 1996 to 1999.
- He signed for the Spanish club Tau Ceramica in 1999.
- In 2004, Nocioni was the MVP (Most Valuable Player) of the Spanish league.
- Nocioni shifted to Chicago Bulls before the start of the 2004-2005 NBA season.
- On July 6, 2007, Chapu penned a 5-year deal with Chicago Bulls for a price of 38 million dollars.
- On February 18, 2009, Andres got traded to the Sacramento Kings together with Cedric Simmons, and Drew Gooden in substitute for Brad Miller and John Salmons.
- On June 17, 2010, Nocioni was sent to the Philadelphia 76ers together with Spence Hawes in exchange for Samuel Dalembert.
- After the NBA lockout, Andres went back to the 76ers in 2011 but was released by the team in March 2012. He then got back to his former club Caja Laboral (was known as Tau Ceramica in the past).
- On July 25, 2014, Nocioni penned a two-year deal with Real Madrid.
- He won the 2014-2015 Euroleague trophy as a member of Real Madrid. In the finals, the Spanish club defeated Olympiacos with the final score being 78-59. Nocioni was selected for the Final Four MVP award. In the same year, Real Madrid won the domestic crown and the domestic cup securing all the three titles in one year.
- On July 21, 2016, Andres extended his contract with Real Madrid.