Nicolet Aleta Heaton
Geneva, Illinois, United States
She divides her time between Chicago and Los Angeles.
Niykee Heaton went to the Geneva High School.
Due to her great academics, upon graduation from high school (which she got 6 months earlier), she was offered a place at the University of Virginia on a full scholarship. However, she decided to put her university studies on hold to give music career a try and she didn’t have to look back.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, model
- Father – Joel R. Heaton
- Mother – Veronica Heaton
- Siblings – Rachel Heaton (Older Sister) (Passed away in 2007 due to complications caused by liver cancer), Cheyne Heaton (Brother) (Struggled with drug addiction)
- Others – Paul Cevk (Stepfather)
Niykee Heaton is managed by Lauren Pisciotta and represented by William Morris Endeavour.
Contemporary pop / rock, alternative R&B
Vocals, guitar, piano
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm (via Twitter)
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Niykee Heaton has dated
- Trinidad James (2013) – Niykee was rumored to have hooked up with music artist, Trinidad James in March 2013. They had been spotted hanging out together, which sparked these affair rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s side, she has South African ancestry.
- Curvaceous figure
- Loves wearing revealing clothes
- Narrow chin
35-25-38 in or 89-53.5-96.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Niykee Heaton hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
The popularity of her single, Bad Intentions, which she performed in collaboration with the rap group, Migos. The single did pretty well on the music charts and was certified “Gold” as well.
As a Singer
In September 2014, Niykee released her debut EP, Bad Intentions.
In March 2016, she released her debut mixtape, The Bedroom Tour Playlist.
First TV Show
In 2013, Niykee made her first TV show appearance in the talk show series, GGN: Snoop Dogg’s Double G News Network.
Niykee Heaton Favorite Things
- Female Artist – Nicki Minaj
- Dream Male Collaborators – Kanye West, Drake, and Bob Dylan
- Rappers – Kanye West, 2 Chainz, Jay-Z, Drake and Nicki Minaj
Niykee Heaton Facts
- Niykee started teaching herself how to play guitar at the age of 9. She had started writing songs well before that by the age of 5.
- Although she always wanted to become a musician, she didn’t see herself evolving into a performer as she had developed a case of serious stage fright.
- As her family was going through hard times, she couldn’t afford to get her musical education. So, instead, she did her vocal training on her own by singing along Diana Ross’ popular singles.
- She got her first big breakthrough on the eve of her 18th birthday as her cover of Chief Keef‘s Love Sosa was featured on famous website WorldStarHipHop, which sparked race among record labels to sign her up.
- She often had to endure bullying while growing up, which has prompted her to become a fierce advocate of several anti-bullying organizations.
- She has revealed that her inspiration for the single Sober was her alcoholic father.
- In her early days as an artist, she often used to visit rundown bars and used to beg them to feature her on their open mic lists. She eventually found YouTube as a useful outlet for her skills.
- Visit her official website @ niykeeheatonmusic.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, Google+, iTunes, and Soundcloud.
Featured Image by Justin Higuchi / Flickr / CC BY 2.0