|Andrew McMahon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1982|
Andrew McMahon is an American singer, songwriter, and producer who served as the vocalist, pianist, and primary lyricist for the band Something Corporate and as the main songwriter for the rock band Jack’s Mannequin. Moreover, he has also performed solo both under his own name as well as his moniker Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness. His discography consists of several albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Upside Down Flowers, Zombies on Broadway, Canyon Moon, The Pop Underground, New Year Song, Andrew McMahon, The Canyons EP, Fire Escape, Cecilia and the Satellite, Ohio, See Her on the Weekend, Get On My Wave, So Close, Synesthesia, High Dive, Don’t Speak for Me (True), Walking in My Sleep, and Brooklyn, You’re Killing Me.
Andrew Ross McMahon
Concord, Massachusetts, United States
Southern California, United States
Andrew McMahon studied at Cassingham Elementary School in Bexley, Ohio. He then attended the Dana Hills High School in California and graduated in 2000.
Singer, songwriter, producer
- Father – Brian McMahon
- Mother – Lynn McMahon
- Siblings – Katie McMahon (Older Sister). He also has 3 more siblings.
- Others – Stuwert McMahon (Uncle) (Passed away when Andrew was young)
Andrew McMahon has been managed by –
- Ian Planet of Crush Music Management, Music Artist Management Company, New York, United States
- Josh Humiston of APA Agency (Handles booking related matters)
Alternative rock, pop-punk, indie rock
Vocals, piano, guitar
His net worth has been $7 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew McMahon has dated –
- Kelly Hansch – Andrew and Kelly were high school sweethearts. She appeared as herself in the documentary titled Dear Jack. The much-in-love couple got married in December 2006. They became parents to a daughter named Cecilia Kate McMahon (b. February 13, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
He prefers dyeing his hair into different shades such as ‘blonde’.
Blue / Green
- Broad smile
- Long face
- Has tattoos on his body
He does not follow any particular religion.
He considers himself to be a spiritual person, believing more in the strengths of meditation and yoga.
Best Known For
- Being the vocalist, pianist, and the main songwriter of the band, Something Corporate. He was also the main songwriter for the music group Jack’s Mannequin.
- Performing as a solo artist under the moniker Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
- Being a young cancer survivor after being diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in June 2005
In September 2000, his band Something Corporate released their debut album Ready… Break.
Under the band Jack’s Mannequin, he released the band’s first album Everything in Transit in August 2005.
As a solo artist, his first album was Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, released in October 2014 via Vanguard Records.
He made his theatrical film debut in October 2009, in the self-documentary Dear Jack. The film documents his personal journey while battling cancer – right from its diagnosis to treatment and his eventual recovery.
First TV Show
Andrew made his first TV show appearance on the popular series One Tree Hill, in 2006, where he performed with Jack’s Mannequin in the ‘Just Watch The Fireworks’ episode.
Andrew McMahon Favorite Things
- Movie – The Big Lebowski (1998)
Source – YouTube
Andrew McMahon Facts
- He is the youngest of the five siblings in his family.
- He was already teaching himself to play the piano by the age of 9. Later on, he took piano lessons.
- While growing up, his mother played the piano and his father played the trumpet.
- His first band came into formation in 1997, a high school music group named Left Here. As a band, they achieved some success winning local band competitions.
- He was the frontman of the music band Something Corporate from 1998 to 2006 and of the alternative rock group Jack’s Mannequin from 2004 to 2012.
- The idea behind forming the band Jack’s Mannequin came to him after the completion of his solo project “Locked Doors”, which he thought did not fit into Something Corporate’s image.
- In January 2013, Andrew made his first appearance as a solo artist, playing two shows at the Viper Room in West Hollywood.
- In June 2013, Andrew launched his first single Synesthesia, with an official music video marking the beginning of his solo career.
- In July 2014, Andrew was performing under the name Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness. He released his new album “Cecilia and the Satellite”, named after his daughter Cecilia, in July 2016.
- Andrew released two hit singles consecutively viz., Fire Escape in September 2016 and So Close in January 2017.
- Had he not been a musician, he would have been an architect.
- The topmost thing on his bucket list is to go to space.
- In February 2017, he released his second solo album, Zombies on Broadway which managed to reach the #43 spot on the Billboard 200.
- McMahon created the non-profit called Dear Jack Foundation in July 2006 to raise funds for cancer research pertaining to adolescents and young adults (AYA) suffering from cancer.
- On November 16, 2018, he released his 3rd studio album Upside Down Flowers via Fantasy Records and it includes songs like Monday Flowers, Ohio, Careless, House in the Trees, This Wild Ride, and Goodnight, Rock and Roll. The album peaked at number #18 on the US Digital Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #26 on the US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #31 on the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart.
Featured Image by CJMylentz at English Wikipedia / Wikimedia / Public Domain