|Andy Bell Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1970|
Andy Bell is an English musician, guitarist, songwriter, and TV personality who is known for being the lead guitarist of the rock band named Ride. Previously, he served as the bass guitarist for the British rock band Oasis as well as the guitarist for Beady Eye, the successor band of Oasis.
Andrew Piran Bell
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Musician, Songwriter, Guitarist TV Personality
Alternative Rock, Shoegazing, Britpop
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Guitar
Creation Records Ltd., Big Brother Recordings Ltd.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andy Bell has dated –
- Idha Övelius – He was married to Swedish singer Idha Övelius and the duo parents 2 children – a daughter named Leia and a son named Leon.
- Shiarra Bell – Andy Bell got married the 2nd time to Shiarra Bell, a label rep from Universal Music.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Lean physique
- Receding hairline
Andy Bell Facts
- In 1990, he appeared in the short music film, Ride: Like a Daydream.
- From 2009 to 2014, Andy Bell served as the rhythm and lead guitarist, bass guitarist, keyboardist, and backing vocalist of the rock band named Beady Eye. He co-founded the band alongside lead vocalist Liam Gallagher, guitarist Gem Archer, and drummer Chris Sharrock.
- With Beady Eye, he released the debut studio album, Different Gear, Still Speeding, on February 28, 2011, and it was ranked at number #2 in the Scottish Albums Chart and at number #3 in the UK Albums Chart as well as the Irish Albums Chart. Also, the album was certified ‘Gold’ in the United Kingdom.
- His Ride bandmates include Laurence Colbert, Mark Gardener, and Steve Queralt and the band released its first studio album, Nowhere, on October 15, 1990, which was certified ‘Silver’ in the United Kingdom.
- Along with musicians Liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, Paul Arthurs, Paul McGuigan, Tony McCarroll, Alan White, and Gem Archer, Andy Bell was a member of the popular rock band Oasis which has won several awards including Brit Award, MTV Europe Music Award, and UK Music Video Award.
- He is a huge fan of Swedish singer-songwriter Ted Gärdestad and has called him the “king of melody”.
- Over the years, Andy Bell has also appeared in a number of shows which include the likes of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Top of the Pops, MTV: The Super Dry Live, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, Glastonbury 2004, CD:UK, Late Show with David Letterman, and The Voice UK.
Featured Image by Solly Alba / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0