Ángel Fabián Di María Hernández
Di Maria, Fideo (“Noodle” in Spanish), Angelito
Di Maria’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Miguel Di Maria
- Mother – Diana Hernandez
- Siblings – Evelyn Di Maria Hernandez (Sister), Vanesa Di Maria Hernandez (Sister)
Ángel is signed with GestiFute.
- Right Winger
- Attacking Midfielder
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Since 2011, Angel Di Maria is married to fellow Argentine Jorgelina (née Cardoso). The couple have one child, daughter Mia (b. April 22, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Di Maria has Italian and Spanish ancestry.
- Ear piercing
Angel Di Maria’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
Angel has signed sponsorship contract with the well known sportswear company Adidas.
Angel’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Being a very talented winger with extraordinary speed and quickness. He is considered one of the best right-wingers of his generation.
First Football Match
He debuted for Rosario Central on December 14, 2005 in a match against Independiente.
Di Maria had his debut for Real Madrid on August 4, 2010 in a friendly 3-2 victory over Club America. However, he had his official league debut on August 29, 2010 in a 0-0 draw against Mallorca.
Angel played his first official match for the “Red Devils” on August 30, 2014 against Burnley.
Di Maria first performed in an official match for PSG on August 30, 2015 against AS Monaco.
He had his debut appearance for the national team of Argentina in 2008 in a match against Paraguay.
- Speed, Quickness
- Long Shots
- Defensive contribution
Angel has not acted in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Di Maria has not appeared in any of the TV shows.
The Argentinian is a hard-working player. However, we do not know the exact type of workout routines he does.
Angel Di Maria Favorite Things
Angel Di Maria Facts
- When Di Maria was a kid, he used to remain hyperactive which was the reason he was enrolled in a youth football club at the age of three.
- He joined a local club Rosario Central at the age of 4.
- Angel and his two sisters assisted their parents with the work at the local coal yard.
- Di Maria grew up in a relatively poor family, so when he needed a new pair of boots for training, his parents had hard times buying him one.
- He is very family-oriented.
- When he was transferred to the Portuguese club Benfica, Angel asked his father to stop working and bought them a house.
- He scored his first professional goal on November 24, 2006 in a 4-2 victory over Quilmes.
- After his good performances at the U-20 World Cup in Canada, Di Maria was wanted by Boca Juniors who made an offer worth 6.5 million dollars.
- In July 2007, Angel moved to Benfica after the Portuguese team paid 6 million euros to Rosario Central in order to get 80% of the rights on the player. A year after in August 2008, Benfica paid 2 million euros more and gained the remaining 20% of the rights on Di Maria.
- In October 2009, Di Maria extended his contract with Benfica which kept him at the club until June 30, 2015 with a buyout clause of 40 million euros.
- On June 28, 2010, Angel signed a five-year contract with the Spanish club Real Madrid for a price of 25 million euros plus 11 million euros in incentives.
- On August 9, 2012, Di Maria penned a new deal with Real Madrid which kept him in the team until 2018.
- On August 26, 2014, Angel joined Manchester United after he signed a five-year contract worth 59.7 million British pounds.
- After his season with Manchester was over, Angel decided to terminate the contract with them. This happened after he missed his team’s flight to the United States on July 25, 2015. On August 2nd, De Maria went through certain medical tests before transferring to Paris Saint-Germain and on August 6, it was reported that he penned a four-year deal with the French team after they bought him for around 44 million British pounds.
- He competed for the Argentinian national team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup after he was picked by the national selector Diego Maradona.
- He has an Italian passport.
- Angel’s house in Prestbury, Cheshire was a target of robbery on January 31, 2015.
- Follow Di Maria on Instagram and Facebook.