|Angel Olsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1987|
Angel Olsen is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer. Her discography consists of albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Burn Your Fire for No Witness, All Mirrors, My Woman, Sleepwalker, Half Way Home, Whole New Mess, Strange Cacti, Aisles, Lady of the Waterpark, Windows, Intern, It’s Every Season (Whole New Mess), Lark, Fly On Your Wall, Sister, Gloria, Like I Used To (with Sharon Van Etten), All Mirrors, Sans, Safety Dance, Alive and Dying (Waving, Smiling), Sister, and Shut Up, Kiss Me.
Angelina Maria Carroll
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
She graduated from Tower Grove Christian High School.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Record Producer
She has been managed by Worldwide Management.
Indie folk, Indie rock, Alternative country, Art pop
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Synthesizer
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm (Approx)
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Angel Olsen has dated –
- Adele Thibodeaux – In April 2021, she confirmed her relationship with writer Adele Thibodeaux through an Instagram post.
Race / Ethnicity
- Funny conversationalist
- Expressive voice
36-32-36 in or 91.5-81-91.5 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
Best Known For
Angel Olsen gained popularity with her albums Burn Your Fire for No Witness (2014) and My Woman (2016).
Angel released her first album Half Way Home (LP edition) in September 2012 via Bathetic Records.
First TV Show
In 2014, Angel was a musical guest on the talk show called Late Show with David Letterman.
Angel Olsen Favorite Things
- Food – Vegetarian
- Club – Mothlight
- Songs – It’s So Easy (By Ted Lucas), Pack Up Your Sorrows (By Barbara Dane), Call Me The Breeze (By J.J. Cale), Unforced Peace (By Roky Erickson), Why Not (By The Everly Brothers), Hares on the Mountain (By Shirley Collins)
Angel Olsen Facts
- A foster family adopted Angel Olsen when she was 3 years old. She was the youngest child in the family comprising eight children.
- As a teenager, she started performing in coffee shops in St. Louis.
- She released an EP Strange Cacti in 2010 which was a compilation of original Americana songs. The album was later reissued in April 2011.
- Before beginning her solo career, Angel Olsen was working as a backing singer with Bonnie “Prince” Billy and the Cairo Gang.
- Released in 2014, Burn Your Fire for No Witness was her first Billboard 200 entry.
- On September 2, 2016, she released her 3rd studio album My Woman (stylized as MY WOMAN). The album received critical acclaim and PopMatters‘ Colin Fitzgerald called My Woman “a new watermark for Olsen” that “elaborates on the disparate missions of both Half Way Home and Burn Your Fire for No Witness while reaching out into the unfamiliar spaces of dreamy synthpop and more hook-driven, pop-oriented songwriting.”
- Her 5th studio album titled Whole New Mess was released on August 28, 2020, via Jagjaguwar and it included songs like Too Easy (Bigger Than Us), Lark Song, Whole New Mess, (New Love) Cassette, Impasse (Workin’ for the Name), Chance (Forever Love), and What It Is (What It Is). The album peaked at number #29 on the Scottish Albums (OCC) chart, at number #38 on the Portuguese Albums (AFP) chart, and at number #98 on the Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) chart.
- Her album Whole New Mess was nominated at the 2021 Libera Awards in the “Best Folk/Bluegrass Album” category.