New York City, New York, USA
Ansel took education from Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School in New York.
He also went to Stagedoor Manor performing arts summer camp.
Actor, DJ, model
- Father – Arthur Elgort (Worked as a photographer for Vogue)
- Mother – Grethe Barrett Holby (Opera Director, dancer)
- Siblings – Warren Elgort (Older Brother) (Film Editor), Sophie Elgort (Older Sister) (Professional Photographer)
- Others – Aase-Grethe (Maternal Grandmother), Harry Elgort (Paternal Grandfather), Sophie Didimamoff (Paternal Grandmother), Warren Barrett Holby (Maternal Grandfather) (Real Estate Developer)
Brookside Artist Management
Ansolo music, dance / house music
Disc Jockey (DJ)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ansel Elgort dated –
- Violetta Komyshan (2012-2014; 2015-Present) – After meeting dancer Violetta Komyshan in high school, Ansel Elgort started dating her in 2012. The duo dated each other for two years until late August 2014. But, within 6 months, they reconciled again in February 2015. They are still seeing each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Ansel is of English, German, and Norwegian descent on his mother’s side and Russian Jewish descent on his father’s side.
Ansel’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
His shoe size is not known.
He serves as the brand ambassador for the designer Thom Browne.
His religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing Tommy Ross in the 2013 film Carrie, as Caleb Prior in the 2014 film Divergent.
Ansel appeared in 2013 supernatural horror film Carrie for his role as Tommy Ross.
Ansel works out in the gym. He has showed his muscular body to his fans and is surely taking care of his fitness.
Ansel Elgort Favorite Things
Ansel Elgort Facts
- Ansel produces his music, which he calls as “Ansolo” (pronunciation – An-Solo).
- His dad has worked as a photographer for Vogue magazine.
- He modeled for Teen Vogue magazine at the age of 15.
- Ansel has also worked with English model Cara Delevingne for US Vogue in early 2013.
- He lost his virginity at 14.
- As a model, he was worked with several magazines such as Elle, Vogue, 7000, Teen Vogue, Rolling Stone, Flaunt, Seventeen and the list goes on.
- After acting, music is his second passion. He DJ’s under the name “Ansolo”.
- Ansel first appeared in a play Regrets written by Matt Charman in 2012.
- Elgort started taking interest in acting and so took acting classes at the age of 12.
- Connect with Ansel on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud.