|Anthony Callea Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.75 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1982|
Anthony Callea is an Australian singer-songwriter and stage actor who came to limelight after becoming the runner-up in Australian Idol in 2004. His debut cover song The Prayer was one of the fastest-selling singles by an Australian artist and it graced the number 1 position on the ARIA Singles Chart for 5 weeks. He has performed in several musicals such as the American Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning Rent in November 2007 where he played the lead role of Mark Cohen. He is the recipient of numerous awards including the Australian Gospel Music Awards for “Outstanding Achievement” in 2007.
Anthony Cosmo Callea
He used to participate in talent contests as a child and he trained with the Johnny Young Talent School.
Singer, Songwriter, Musical Theatre Actor
- Siblings – Matthew (Younger Brother), Christina (Younger Sister)
He is represented by Yoyo Music.
Pop, Pop Rock, Dance-Pop
- Sony Music Australia
- ABC Music
5 ft 3.75 in or 162 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Tim Campbell (2014-Present) – In February 2008 he and actor-singer Tim Campbell made it public that they were in a relationship after they broke up with their respective partners. They got engaged on August 18, 2014. They tied the knot on November 17, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Mercedes Benz.
Anthony Callea Favorite Things
- Supporter Of – Charity work, himself having worked with organizations like The Starlight Foundation, the Royal Melbourne Children’s Hospital, and The Salvation Army
- Advocate Of – Determination, and belief in oneself
Anthony Callea Facts
- He has stated that he has found music in itself to be healing. He has added further that his blood, sweat, and tears are on his recordings and they display him in his purest form.
- Anthony has looked back and recalled that he had loved his time on Idol and has affirmed that he will always be grateful for the massive launchpad to his career.
- Anthony has revealed that during his success at Idol, being young and naive, he would often feel overwhelmed by the sudden change that fame had brought to his life, and he would keep putting many expectations on himself in the aim to be perfect. However, with time and age, he saw that it is impossible to please everyone and so figured out that the wisdom lies in making one’s own self happy before anything else.
Featured Image by Anthony Callea / Instagram