|Antonio Sanabria Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Antonio Sanabria is a Paraguayan professional footballer who has played as a forward for Serie A club Torino and the Paraguay national team.
Arnaldo Antonio Sanabria Ayala
San Lorenzo, Paraguay
Professional Football Player
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Antonio Sanabria has done endorsement work for Adidas.
Antonio Sanabria Facts
- His career started in futsal and he eventually proceeded to football.
- In 2004, Antonio Sanabria joined Cerro Porteño’s youth academy.
- He and his parents shifted to Spain in 2007 and joined a local club from Sitges, called La Blanca Subur CF.
- Antonio Sanabria was 13 years old when he joined FC Barcelona‘s youth academy and then shifted to La Masia’s facilities.
- He was eventually called up to train with first-team in September 2012 and was promoted to FC Barcelona B in Segunda División in August 2013.
- Antonio Sanabria made his professional debut on September 29, 2013, and played the last 22 minutes in a 0–1 home loss against RCD Mallorca.
- He rejected a contract extension from FC Barcelona on November 20, 2013.
- In November 2013, he scored his first professional goal with Barça in a 1–2 home loss against UD Las Palmas.
- He signed with the Serie A side Sassuolo, for a €4.5 million fee, plus €7.5 million bonuses “dependent on the player’s performance and his future value”, on January 29, 2014. On March 23, Sanabria made his Serie A debut by replacing Davide Biondini in a 0–1 loss at Udinese.
- In July 2014, he officially joined Roma and signed a deal for €4.926 million (including €2.5 million from Roma via Sassuolo to Barcelona). He was also a part of the Roma Primavera squad in the 2014–15 UEFA Youth League and scored two goals in the 3–2 defeat against Bayern Munich on November 5, 2014.
- With Roma, Antonio Sanabria made his first team debut by replacing Francesco Totti after 62 minutes, in the 2–1 Serie A victory against Cagliari on February 8, 2015.
- He then returned to Spain after agreeing to a one-year loan deal with La Liga side Sporting Gijón on August 11, 2015, and made his league debut on August 23, starting in a 0–0 home draw against Real Madrid.
- Antonio Sanabria scored his first La Liga goal on September 23, 2015, netting a brace in a 3–2 away win against Deportivo La Coruña.
- On December 6, 2015, he scored a hat-trick with Sporting Gijón in his side’s 3–1 home success over Las Palmas.
- Antonio Sanabria signed a five-year deal with Real Betis for a fee of €7.5 million, with Roma retaining a 50% clause on the following transfer and a re-buy clause, on July 15, 2016.
- In Real Betis‘ 1–0 win over Real Madrid on September 20, 2017, he was the one who scored the winning goal. This marked Betis‘ first win at the Bernabeu since October 1998.
- He signed for Serie A club Genoa on January 26, 2019, on loan until June 30, 2020.
- Antonio Sanabria signed a four-year contract with Serie A club Torino on January 31, 2021.
- He has played for both the under-17 and under-20 Paraguay teams.
- In 2013, he was called up to the Paraguay national team for two qualification matches for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- On August 14, 2013, Antonio Sanabria made his debut with the Paraguay national football team in a 3–3 draw against Germany.
Featured Image by Supporterhéninois / Wikimedia / Public Domain