Il Re di Roma (The King of Rome), Il Bimbo d’Oro (The Golden Boy), Er Pupone (The Big Baby), Il Capitano (The Captain), Er Pupone (The Big Baby), Il Gladiatore (The Gladiator)
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Francesco Totti started his soccer education at a local Rome club, Fortitudo. He continued honing his skills first at Smit Trastevere and then at Lodigiani. In 1989, he joined AS Roma youth academy, which proved to be his last step to the senior team.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Lorenzo Totti (Bank Clerk)
- Mother – Fiorella Totti (Housewife)
- Siblings – Riccardo Totti (Older Brother) (Football Agent and Business Manager)
Francesco Totti is represented by his brother Riccardo Totti.
Attacking Midfielder, Second Striker (Forward)
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Francesco Totti has dated –
- Maria Mazza (2000-2003) – Francesco Totti started going out with former Miss Italy competitor, Maria Mazza after having being introduced at a private party. They dated for around two and a half years before going separate ways in 2003.
- Manuela Arcuri (2001) – According to reports, Totti had a steamy fling with the Italian actress and model, Manuela Arcuri in June 2001, while still in a relationship with Maria Mazza.
- Ilary Blasi (2003-Present) – Francesco started dating former model and showgirl in 2003. Their wedding in June 2005, which was held at the Basilica of Santa Maria in Aracoeli was a national news, so much so that it was broadcasted all across the country with proceeds going to a charity. In November 2006, Ilary gave birth to their first son Christian. A daughter Chanel was born in May 2007. On March 10, 2016, Ilary gave birth to their second daughter Isabel.
Race / Ethnicity
- Forearm Tattoos
- Blue eyes
Francesco Totti’s body specification may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 34.5 in or 88 cm
Francesco Totti has been associated with the sportswear giant, Nike from a very long time. He was even a part of the TV advert made in run-up to the 2002 World Cup, titled as Secret Tournament and starring Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos, Luis Figo and Eric Cantona along with Totti.
He has done promotional work for the following brands as well –
- EA Sports FIFA game series
- Pro Evolution Soccer
- Party Poker
Best Known For
- Being one of the most creative players in the Italian top flight.
- Being the most high profile AS Roma player of the 20th century.
- Being a part of the Italian National Team that won the World Cup in 2006.
On March 28, 1993, Francesco Totti stepped out for the Roma senior team in a Serie A match against Brescia. Totti was just 16 years old at the time of his debut.
Francesco donned the national team jersey for the first time in a 2-0 victory over Switzerland in Euro 2000 qualifying on October 10, 1998.
- Through balls
- Ball Control
- Long Shots
- Attacking Movement
Francesco Totti made his first film appearance in a comedy flick L’allenatore nel pallone 2 as himself in 2008.
First TV Show
Totti made his TV show debut in the family talk-show Maurizio Costanzo Show as himself in December 2001.
His workout routine and personal trainer aren’t known.
Francesco Totti Favorite Things
- Goals – Against Inter Milan on October 26, 2005, against Lazio on March 10, 2002, against Sampdoria on April 22, 2006.
Source – Sempre Inter
Francesco Totti Facts
- After leading AS Roma to a Serie A title win, Francesco Totti got a tattoo of the ancient Roman gladiator inscribed on his right arm.
- His trademark goal celebration with thumb in the mouth is inspired by his nickname, big kid, which was given to him by famous Italian journalist when he was a young prodigy.
- He has won 11 high profile end of season individual Serie A awards including 5 Serie A Italian Footballer of the Year awards and a Serie A Young Footballer of the Year award.
- He was selected in the list of best hundred players in the history of the game which was published by FIFA in 2004 and compiled by Pele.
- He published two bestselling books containing jokes made about his club and himself. The proceeds from the sales of the books were given to children’s charity.
- At the UEFA Euro 2000 competition, he was included in the team of the tournament for leading Italy to the final. He was also declared man of the match in final.
- On his right forearm, he has a tattoo of letter F and I, which stands for Francesco and Ilary.
- On his left forearm, he has got the middle name of his wife, Stephany tattooed.
- In the 2006 World Cup victorious campaign for his national team, he had recorded most number of assists and was named in the team of the season.
- He has established a football training school, the Francesco Totti Academy and a football camp for disabled children, the Totti Soccer School.
- His famous selfie goal-scoring celebration from 2015 was included in the game celebrations for Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 and FIFA 16.
- During the 2006-2007 season, he managed to score 32 goals in all competitions, which helped him win the European Golden Shoe award.
- In the 2016 interview, he revealed that he almost joined Spanish giants Real Madrid in 2003 but his love for Roma and his family made him decide against moving.
- Visit his official website @ francescototti.com.
- Follow Totti on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.