|Ariel Schulman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ariel Schulman is an American filmmaker and actor who is widely recognized for having directed numerous movies and documentaries with Henry Joost, including Paranormal Activity 3 (2011) and Catfish (2010) respectively, having also starred in as well as produced the latter. Ariel has amassed more than 30k followers on Instagram.
Marek Ariel Schulman
Ariel ‘Rel’ Schulman, M. Ariel Schulman
New York City, New York, United States
He attended the Film program of New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts, graduating in 2004.
- Siblings – Nev Schulman (Younger Brother) (TV Host, Producer)
- Others – Marvin Barasch (Maternal Grandfather), Marlene Panzer (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish (German, Russian, Israeli, Polish, and Romanian) descent.
- Beard and mustache
- Sharp nose
He along with Henry Joost has directed commercials for numerous labels including Google.
Ariel Schulman Favorite Things
- Snack – Bagels
Source – Instagram
Ariel Schulman Facts
- Schulman and Henry Joost have been a directing team, best pals as well as founders of the New York City production company named Supermarché. Their debut feature documentary Catfish had premiered at the Sundance movie festival in 2010.
- Ariel has felt grateful that co-directing has worked so well with Joost, having noticed it to have been fairly split. Having been best buddies for a long time, he has thought that they have seen the identical final vision in their shared heads. He has enjoyed exchanging a lot of imagery with Henry and playing a lot of music to each other. As his job has been to basically share a vision well with many other people, the first thing he has had to do has been to share it with Joost, that has always worked fantastically and he has cherished being there together, the entire way.
- He has stated that the idea for the documentary Catfish had originated from his being fascinated by his brother. Having considered Nev to be wildly cinematic, he would always keep filming him. He has observed his sibling be wound so tightly that every cell in his body reacts. When he has pointed the camera at him, he has never been able to predict if he would talk to him or hit him. He has added that one day Nev had received a painting in the mail from an 8-year-old girl in Michigan by the name of Abby, and had begun to casually film the delightful moments of their relationship.
- Schulman has recollected that when he had first gone through the script for Netflix’s Project Power, he had found it to be amazing with the concept to be extremely appealing. He had particularly relished the characters, as they appeared to be unusually great and have deep character development for a sci-fi film, also touching upon several societal issues in a compelling manner.
- He has disclosed that the films he has made have taken him from France to Italy to India to Japan and back, that has led him to accumulate a priceless collection of passport stamps, along with vernacular objects of unique beauty, from all over the globe.
Featured Image by Ariel Schulman / Instagram