Arturo Erasmo Vidal Pardo
Celia Punk, Rey Arturo (King Arthur), II Guerriero (The Warrior)
Arturo didn’t participate in any school program since he started chasing his football dream at a very young age.
- Father – Erasmo Vidal
- Mother – Jacqueline Pardo
- Siblings – Arturo is one of the six children.
Arturo is signed with Fernando Felicevich.
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
163 lbs or 74 kg
On December 8, 2008, Arturo married Maria Teresa Matus with whom he has two children, Alonso and Elisabetta (b. March 7, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Mohawk hairstyle
- Passionate player
- Fighter on the pitch
Arturo’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 39 in or 99 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Arturo has sponsored EA Sports.
He also appeared in TV commercials for Entel, Gatorade and the movie The Avengers (2012).
Best Known For
His versatility as a player and the capability of contributing to his team’s defense and offense at the same time.
First Football Match
Vidal’s official debut happened at the 2006 Apertura Tournament finals when he and his team Colo-Colo faced Universidad de Chile.
He played his first match for Bayer Leverkusen on August 19, 2007 against Hamburg.
Arturo appeared in a match against Parma in his competitive debut for the Italian club Juventus.
The Chilean superstar debuted for Bayern Munich on August 1, 2015 in a match against VfL Wolfsburg.
He played his first official match as a part of the senior national team against Venezuela where Chile won by 1-0.
- Long shots
- Scoring skills
- Holding on the ball
- Often commits foul
- Unstable personality
Arturo has not appeared in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Vidal has acted as himself in the TV series Caiga quien caiga in 2011 in 2 episodes.
The Chilean international is not considered as a hard worker. His game is based on pure passion and willingness to compete on a high-level and that’s why his workout program can be hardly found on the internet.
Arturo Vidal Favorite Things
Arturo Vidal Facts
- He grew up in a working-class commune called San Joaquin in Santiago, Chile.
- His uncle was the one who noticed Arturo’s talent at very young age.
- Vidal got transferred to Bayer Leverkusen for a total of 11 million dollars. From the whole transfer sum, the German club paid $7.7 million for 70% ownership of Vidal’s contract.
- On July 22, 2011, Vidal was transferred to Juventus for 10.5 million euros.
- On September 19, 2012, Arturo scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League during a match between Juventus and Chelsea.
- While playing for Juventus, he won 4 consecutive Serie A titles including 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014 and, 2014-2015 seasons.
- He was ranked 8th in the 2015 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.
- On July 28, 2015, he joined Bayern Munich by signing a four-year deal worth 37 million euros plus 3 million in bonuses.
- On November 26, he was nominated for the 2015 UEFA Team of the Year.
- Vidal gave a lot of credit to his former teammates, Andrea Pirlo and Gianluigi Buffon for his development as a player.
- In 2013, Arturo was termed as the 11th best player in Europe by Bloomberg.
- Vidal is known for having alcoholic problems.
- On June 16, 2015, he crashed his Ferrari in the Chilean capital, Santiago. He was arrested and charged for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- On July 8, 2015, Arturo received a driving ban for two years.
- Follow Vidal on his Twitter, Instagram and, Facebook.