|ASAP Bari Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 23, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
ASAP Bari is an American entrepreneur who is best known as one of the co-founders of the New York-based hip-hop collective ASAP Mob (stylized as A$AP Mob, ASAP being an acronym for ‘Always Strive And Prosper’). The group was formed in 2006 in Harlem, New York City, and consists of rappers, record producers, music video directors, and fashion designers. He is also a co-founder of a streetwear clothing label called VLONE. The name of the label signifies the motto ‘You live alone and you die alone’.
ASAP Bari, Young Lord
Harlem, Upper Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
New York, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Sports a thick beard
- Has both his hands covered in tattoos
ASAP Bari Facts
- In 2012, he was included in a list titled ’25 Under 25: The Young Leaders of Style’ in recognition of his contribution to streetwear and its style. The list was published by Complex Networks, an American media and entertainment company for youth culture, based in New York City.
- In June 2016, ASAP Bari punched stylist and model Ian Connor as he was leaving a store in Paris. This was after Ian was shrouded in controversy after a woman had accused him of s**ual assault. ASAP Bari, after the incident, confronted Ian on Twitter as well.
- In June 2017, his fashion line, VLONE, was showcased during Paris Fashion Week, a series of designer presentations held semiannually in Paris with spring/summer and autumn/winter events held each year.
- In July 2017, ASAP Bari was embroiled in a major controversy when a video emerged wherein he was allegedly assaulting a n*de woman. In the video, he could be seen storming into a hotel room where the victim was sleeping. He began yelling at her and asked her to perform a s**ual act with him.
- She resisted his advances after which he pulled away her blanket and exposed her n*de body to about 10 other men. He then followed her into the bathroom. The woman began begging him to stop harassing her. She was crying by this time but he allegedly threw her out of the room in the nude and physically assaulted her. She then went to the hotel manager and asked the person to call the police.
- ASAP Bari initially took to social media to claim that the video was fake. However, he later took a u-turn, stating that the issue was between friends and it had been resolved amicably. Post the incident, Nike, Inc. terminated its collaboration deal (that was signed earlier that year) with VLONE.
- In November 2017, the woman sued him for more than USD 1 million, stating that she was s**ually assaulted by ASAP Bari. In May 2018, he was arrested at Heathrow Airport in London on charges of s**ual assault related to the aforementioned incident. In January 2019, he pleaded guilty in London. ASAP Bari managed to prevent a possible prison sentence by paying the woman £2,000 and being subjected to a protective order.
Featured Image by ASAP Bari / Instagram