|Ashneer Grover Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1982|
Ashneer Grover is an Indian entrepreneur, investor, and TV personality who is best known as the co-founder and former managing director of BharatPe, a financial services application that makes financial inclusion a reality for small Indian merchants and grocery store owners. BharatPe, started in 2018, had launched India’s first UPI (Unified Payments Interface, a system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application) interoperable QR code, first ZERO MDR payment acceptance service, and first UPI payment backed merchant cash advance service. He became a household name in India in December 2021 when he was unveiled as one of the ‘sharks’ on the first season of Shark Tank India, the Indian version of the popular reality TV franchise Shark Tank where entrepreneurs make business presentations to a panel of investors or ‘sharks’ who decide whether to invest in their company.
South Delhi, Delhi, India
Ashneer, after his high school graduation, had joined the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, a public technical university located in South Delhi. He had graduated from there in 2004 with a B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) degree in civil engineering.
Between 2002 and 2003, he was an exchange student at The Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon (INSA Lyon) in France, a grande école (an institution of higher education that is separate from, but parallel and often connected to, the main framework of the French public university system). He was one of the 6 students who had been selected by the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi out of a batch of 450 students for this program.
In 2004, he had secured a seat in the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, and an ‘Institute of National Importance’. He had graduated from there in 2006 with an MBA degree, majoring in finance.
Entrepreneur, Investor, TV Personality
- Father – His father is a chartered accountant.
- Mother – His mother is a teacher.
- Siblings – Aashima Grover (Sister)
- Others – Shwetank Jain (Brother-in-Law)
In 2021, Ashneer Grover’s net worth was $90 million according to South China Morning Post.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ashneer has dated –
- Madhuri Jain (2006-Present) – Ashneer had married fellow entrepreneur Madhuri Jain in July 2006 and they have 2 children together – a son named Avy and a daughter named Mannat.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Often sports a light stubble
Ashneer Grover Facts
- He had started his professional career in May 2006 at the New Delhi office of Kotak Investment Banking, a leading full-service investment bank in India. He had risen to the position of vice-president during his time there (until May 2013) and was involved in the mergers & acquisitions, restructuring, and IPO divisions.
- Between May 2013 and March 2015, he had served as the director of corporate development for American Express, a multinational corporation specialized in payment card services. He had helped expand the payments and fintech coverage of the company in India.
- Between March 2015 and August 2017, he was the chief financial officer of Grofers (now known as Blinkit), an Indian instant delivery service for groceries. Operating out of its Gurgaon office, he had led the company’s finance, legal, and B2G (Business-to-Government) departments.
- Between November 2017 and October 2018, he had served as the head of ‘New Business’ at the New Delhi office of PC Jeweller Limited, an Indian gems-and-jewelry brand and the second-largest jewelry retailer in India.
- In October 2018, he was appointed the CEO of BharatPe, a financial services application that he had co-founded intending to develop the largest offline merchant network in India by making mobile payments acceptance-free and ubiquitous. He was made the company’s managing director in August 2021.
- He had once purchased a Porsche car and told BharatPe staff that he had purchased a dining table for $130,000.
- In 2022, he and his wife Madhuri were removed from BharatPe from all the positions due to alleged misappropriation of funds.
- On July 6, 2022, Ashneer and his wife Madhuri had incorporated a new company named “Third Unicorn Private Limited”.
Featured Image by Ashneer Grover / Instagram