|Rahul Tewatia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rahul Tewatia is an Indian cricketer who has represented the state of Haryana at the under-15, under-19, under-22, and senior tiers in domestic cricket, across formats. He has also played for Rajasthan Royals (2014-2016, 2020-Present), Kings XI Punjab (2017), and Delhi Daredevils (now known as Delhi Capitals) (2018-2019) in the IPL (Indian Premier League).
Sihi Village, Sector 8, Faridabad, Haryana, India
Faridabad, Haryana, India
Rahul, to accommodate his cricket practice and training, had to study at several different schools in and around his hometown of Faridabad including Delhi Public School (DPS), Faridabad, and D.A.V. (Dayanand Anglo-Vedic Education Society) Public School.
- Father – Krishan Pal ‘K P’ Tewatia (Lawyer, Criminal Law Expert)
- Mother – Prem Tewatia
- Siblings – Dharamveer Tewatia (Younger Brother), Ruma Tewatia (Sister)
- Others – Karanveer Tewatia (Paternal Grandfather) (Farmer, Former Wrestler), Dharmbir Tewatia (Paternal Uncle) (Hockey Coach, Former Hockey player)
He is represented by Tossco, Sports Talent Management Agency, Delhi, India.
Right-Arm Leg Break
- 14 – Delhi Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab
- 4 – Rajasthan Royals
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rahul Tewatia has dated –
- Ridhi Pannu – In February 2021, Rahul had got engaged with Ridhi Pannu. They got married in November 2021 in the presence of Nitish Rana, Rishabh Pant, and Yuzvendra Chahal.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Indian descent.
- Toned physique
- Cheerful smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Side-cropped, wavy hair
- Has a tattoo on his left shoulder that depicts a clock surrounded by roses
Rahul Tewatia Facts
- Although Rahul, like most Indian kids, had a keen interest in cricket, his grandfather, Karanveer Tewatia, had wanted him to become a wrestler just like he was. Similarly, his uncle Dharmbir Tewatia, a former national hockey player, had wanted him to pursue a career in that sport.
- When he was 8 years old, a friend of his younger brother Dharamveer had noticed him playing with a plastic bat and spotted some skill or technique in Rahul’s game. He then urged his father to enroll him in a cricket academy.
- Although initially hesitant, his father took him to The Cricket Gurukul, a residential coaching school run by Vijay Yadav who had represented India, as a wicket-keeper, at the Test and ODI (One-Day International) level. Rahul honed his skills there for several years.
- Through his uncle’s hockey connection, Rahul too has a deep love for the sport and whenever he returns to his village of Sihi, he helps out youngsters playing the sport. He is known to regularly assist kids in the area monetarily and has often arranged for their hockey kits and other equipment required for the sport.
- Like many Indian domestic cricketers who often work in a part-time job provided by the local or central government, he too has worked as a tax assistant in the central Income Tax department.
- During the 2019 season of the IPL, he had equaled the record for taking the most number of catches (4) by a non-wicket keeper in a single inning.
- The following season, 2020, his dramatic inning of 53 (31), against his former team Kings XI Punjab, had helped Rajasthan Royals record the highest-ever run chase (target of 224 runs) in IPL history.
Featured Image by Rahul Tewatia / Instagram