|Avicii Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1989|
|Date of Death
||April 20, 2018|
Avicii was a Swedish DJ, remixer, record producer, musician, and songwriter who rose to fame with his single Levels in 2011. He went on to release several albums, extended plays, and tracks like True, Stories, Lay Me Down, The Days / The Nights, Avīci (01), Fade into Darkness, Silhouettes, Wake Me Up, Hey Brother, You Make Me, The Nights, The Days, Broken Arrows, Waiting for Love, For a Better Day, Heaven (ft. Chris Martin), and Addicted to You. After having suffered from mental health issues for some years, he committed suicide in 2018 and his 3rd and final album, Tim, was released posthumously.
Tim Berg, Tom Hangs, Timberman, SomeBullet, Glawear, Avicii (Pronounced as a-vee-chee)
Avicii was born on September 8, 1989.
Avicii died on April 20, 2018, after committing suicide at the age of 28 in Muscat, Oman.
Hedvig Eleonora Church, Stockholm, Sweden
Musician, DJ, Remixer, record producer
- Father – Klas Bergling
- Mother – Anki Liden (Actor)
- Siblings – Anton Korberg (Older Brother) (Actor), Linda Sterner (Sister), David Bergling (Brother)
- Others – Carl Birger Bergling (Paternal Grandfather) (Scenographer, Costume Designer), Else Elin Kalff (Paternal Grandmother), Einar Valfrid Lidén (Maternal Grandfather), Rut Ester Svärd (Maternal Grandmother)
Avicii’s manager was Ash Pournouri.
His publicist was Diana Baron.
EDM, progressive house, electro house
Guitar, piano, FL Studio, Logic Pro, synthesizer
Island, LE7ELS, Vicious, Big Beat, Size, Armada, Spinnin’, Ultra, Joia, Universal Music Group, PRMD
At the time of his death, his net worth was $50 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tim Bergling dated –
- Emily Goldberg (2011-2013) – Avicii was in a two-year relationship with Emily Goldberg starting back in 2011 and ending in 2013.
- Racquel Natasha Bettencourt (2013-2014) – Tim began dating Racquel Natasha Bettencourt in 2013. The couple spent 1 year together and parted ways in 2014.
- Tereza Kacerova – He was romantically involved with model Tereza Kacerova at the time of his death. They had decided to keep their relationship private.
Race / Ethnicity
Avicii was of Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian descent.
- Blonde hair and green eyes
- Often wore a hat
Avicii didn’t appear in a TV advert in his lifetime. However, his songs were included in several TV commercials including Volvo, Coca-Cola, NJOY E-Cigarette, etc.
Avicii was also the face of Ralph Lauren’s Denim & Supply Collection 2013.
Tim was a Christian.
Best Known For
Being one of the most popular DJs and music artists in the last two decades just before his death. Avicii was known for his great songs including I Could Be the One featuring Nicky Romero, Wake Me Up, You Make Me, Hey Brother, Addicted to You, The Days, The Nights, Waiting for Love, and others.
Avicii’s first studio album was released on September 13, 2013, by PRMD Music and Island Records by the name True. Tim’s debut album contained 10 tracks and its total length was 48 minutes and 37 seconds.
Avicii appeared in the documentary about the famous DJ David Guetta called Nothing But the Beat (2011) as himself.
However, Tim’s first theatrical release was the documentary Avicii: True Stories released worldwide on October 26, 2017.
Avicii Favorite Things
- Music Band As A Kid – Kiss
- Philosopher – Siddhartha
- Restaurant Abroad – D.O.M. in Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Hometown Restaurant – Ostermalms Saluhall
- Book – The Game of Thrones series
- He signed with Dejfitts Plays label in May 2007.
- In 2011, Avicii released the song Levels which resulted in an increase in his popularity. Levels made it in the top 10 on the numerous music charts in different countries including Italy, Greece, Ireland, Denmark, Germany, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Austria, Slovenia, United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. The song finished on the top of the songs list in Hungary, Norway, and Sweden.
- On November 24, 2013, Tim received the American Music Award for favorite Electronic Dance Music Artist.
- In 2012, he donated $1 million to Feeding America, a charity started by John van Hengel.
- Avicii and his manager and producer Ash Pournouri created House for Hunger in order to help and reduce global hunger. House for Hunger provided help to The Feed Foundation which was founded by Laura Bush, helping them in distributing over two million meals in schools in Africa.
- He released his second album in 2015 by the name of Stories.
- Tim was influenced by Daft Punk, Swedish House Mafia (Sebastian Ingrosso, Steve Angello, Axwell), and Eric Prydz.
- In April 2016, he announced his retirement from touring across the globe because of problems with his health. Avicii last performed at a live event in Ibiza on August 28, 2016.
- Avicii’s first-ever DJ gig was to perform in front of 40 teens in a school prom.
- Gossip magazines were his guilty pleasures.
- He has never had a real job in his entire life.
- Like many people, he also suffered from acne while growing up.
- He has had a dog named, Oliver (Pomeranian breed).
- Google released a doodle on September 8, 2021, to pay homage to Bergling on his 32nd birthday during suicide prevention week.
- Visit Avicii’s official website @ avicii.com.