|Aya Nakamura Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1995|
Aya Nakamura is a French-Malian singer who has published the solo studio albums Journal intime (August 2017), Nakamura (November 2018), and Aya (November 2020). These albums had peaked at numbers 6, 3, and 2, respectively, on the French music charts. The first and last of these albums had been certified ‘Platinum’ by SNEP (Syndicat National de l’Édition Phonographique), the inter-professional organization that protects the interests of the French record industry. Her 2nd album had been certified ‘Diamond’ by the SNEP and ‘Platinum’ by BEA (Belgian Entertainment Association), the organization that represents the interests of the music, video, and video game industries in Belgium. Several of her songs including Comportement (2016), Djadja (2018), Copines (2018), Pookie (2019), Soldat (2019), Jolie nana (2020), and Doudou (2020) have been certified ‘Platinum’, ‘Diamond’, or ‘Gold’ by multiple music industry-related organizations.
Aya Coco Danioko
Paris, Île-de-France, France
She holds dual nationality.
Aya, after her high school graduation, had studied fashion at an institution in La Courneuve, a commune in Seine-Saint-Denis, a department located in the Île-de-France region.
- Siblings – She has 4 younger siblings.
Pop, Afropop, Pop Rap, R&B, Urban, Zouk, Soul, Urban Pop, Dancehall
- Warner Music France
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aya has dated –
- Vladimir Boudnikoff (2019-Present) – Aya began dating music producer and director Vladimir Boudnikoff in 2019 and they have a daughter together (b. January 2022).
She has another daughter named Aïcha (b. 2017) from a previous, unnamed relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Malian descent.
She often dyes her hair blue, silver, platinum, light brown, or red.
- Curvaceous figure
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
- Plump lips
Aya Nakamura Facts
- She was born in Bamako, the capital and largest city of Mali, in a family of griots (West African historians, storytellers, praise singers, and poets of oral traditions). Her family had moved to France when she was quite young and settled in Aulnay-sous-Bois, a town and commune in the northeast suburb of Paris.
- Her stage name, Aya Nakamura, is a combination of her first name Aya and the last name of Hiro Nakamura, a fictional character in the popular superhero/science-fiction drama TV series Heroes (2006-2010).
- She had started her career by publishing music online and earning a following that way. Soon, her long-time friend Dembo Camara became her producer and manager. One of her most popular songs during this time was titled Brisé. It had amassed more than 34 million views on YouTube.
- In April 2018, Djadja, the first single from her 2nd solo studio album Nakamura, stayed 2 consecutive weeks at the top position on the French music charts. The song had also reached the number 1 position on the Dutch music charts, making her the first French female artist to achieve this feat since the legendary Édith Piaf in 1961.
- In February 2019, she had been nominated for both the ‘Song of the Year’ and the ‘Best Urban Album’ awards at the France Music Awards.
- In April 2019, she released the music video for her song titled Pookie. It became the most viewed French video that year.
- In the year-end recaps, she was named ‘Most Watched French Female Artist of 2019’ by YouTube and the ‘Most Streamed French Female Artist of 2019’ by Spotify.
- In 2019, she was also included in Forbes magazine’s list of ’30 Under 30 in Europe’ in the ‘Entertainment’ category.
Featured Image by Aya Nakamura / Instagram