|Bakermat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1991|
Bakermat is a Dutch DJ and music producer who has published the solo studio albums The Ringmaster (October 2020) and The Spirit (June 2021). Before this, he had released numerous non-album singles. He had come into the spotlight with his 2013 non-album single titled One Day (Vandaag) which had peaked at number 2 in the Netherlands, 2 in Austria, 2 in Belgium, 1 in France, 4 in Germany, and 15 in the United Kingdom. The track had been certified ‘Platinum’ by the BEA (Belgian Entertainment Association) as well as the BVMI (Bundesverband Musikindustrie), the federal music industry association in Germany. His unique brand is a blend of electronic, deep house, tropical house, and techno genres of music with jazz and soul influences.
Markelo, Overijssel, Netherlands
Bakermat, after his high school graduation, studied psychology at Utrecht University, a public research university in Utrecht, Netherlands.
DJ, Music Producer
- Siblings – He has a sister who is a lawyer.
He is represented by –
- Thierry Klein Bluemink, General Manager, Bluevent Group, Artist Management Company, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Bob van Wees, Music Manager, Big Top Amsterdam Records, Record Label & Artist Management Company, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Crispin Hearn, Booking Agent (European Union), Primary Talent International, Music Booking Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Cody Chapman, Booking Agent (Rest of the World), Wasserman Music, Artist Booking Firm, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Electronic, Deep House, Tropical House, Melodic House, Techno Music, Jazz, Soul
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Ultra Records
- Be Yourself Music
- Big Top Amsterdam Records
- Soundplate Records
- Délicieuse Records
- Dirty Soul Music
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch descent.
- Lanky frame
- Slightly overgrown, center-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a rugged beard
- He had started his musical career by moonlighting as a DJ in his spare time while he was studying at Utrecht University.
- His first 2 EPs, titled Zomer and Vandaag, were both released in 2012. The title track from the latter EP, his breakthrough single, consisted of an integrated sample of the iconic ‘I Have a Dream’ speech by the American civil rights activist Martin Luther King, Jr.
- He is often known to include live elements in his DJ sets, combining his music with live artists on stage including saxophonists, singers, violinists, and percussionists. In 2014, he had assembled 6 musicians to form the Bakermat Live Band which became the foundation of his live band tour. Over the next 2 years, he began touring venues across Europe with this live band.
- In 2015, he created a new platform for musical artists and the audience called Bakermat’s Circus. The objective was to create an event where artists could push their boundaries musically in a unique atmosphere.
- He started the trail for these shows at his residency venue in Paris, the Zig Zag Club. Soon, Bakermat’s Circus began touring global cities such as London, New York City, Amsterdam, Ibiza, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, and São Paulo.
- It also hosted stages at popular festivals like Tomorrowland and Airbeat One. He organized special Bakermat’s Circus festivals in Amsterdam. A few weeks after this, a monthly radio show titled Bakermat’s Circus debuted, and the series was aired on more than 75 radio stations across the globe.
Featured Image by Bakermat / Instagram