|Bamboo Mañalac Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1976|
Bamboo Mañalac is an American-Filipino singer, songwriter, and musician who came to prominence as a member of the Filipino band Rivermaya. Thereafter, he began his solo band under the name Bamboo before moving on to performing and releasing his music solely. With time, he has amassed a huge fan base with more than 350k followers on Instagram, more than 750k followers on Twitter, and more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
Francisco Gaudencio Lope Belardo Mañalac
Bamboo, The Prince of (Philippine) Rock, The Vocal Rock Maestro
Quezon City, Philippines
He divides his time between San Francisco and Manila.
He studied at schools in San Francisco and Los Angeles. He also attained a major in English, Philosophy, and Film.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
OPM, Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Jazz Fusion, Soul Jazz, Bluegrass
He has released his music with PolyEast Records.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bamboo Mañalac’s name has been linked with –
- Cecil Mañalac – Together they have two children – a boy named Lucius Mañalac and a girl named Isabelle Mañalac.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Filipino descent.
- Sports a shaved head
- Wide smile
- Dimpled cheeks
Through his social media, he has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Veger, Yamaha, and Dragon Mart.
8 (US) or 41 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Bamboo Mañalac Favorite Things
- Vegetables – All kinds of them
- Fruit – Mangosteen
- Sleepwear – Boxer shorts by Penshoppe
Source – Phil Star Global
Bamboo Mañalac Facts
- He spent the first decade of his life in the Philippines before relocating to San Francisco with his parents. Thereafter, Bamboo was raised in the United States.
- His origin is from Metro Manila, Philippines.
- His name is combined with that of his grandfather’s names.
- He was quite young when his mother nicknamed him “Bamboo.”
- Bamboo’s career as a frontman has been traced back to the band Xaga. He joined the band as a replacement to Xaga‘s former lead singer Jesse Gonzales. Later, he and the remaining band members disbanded and formed the band Rivermaya in 1994.
- With the band Rivermaya, he contributed his skills to the release of various hit songs that included Ulan (2014) and 214 (2014).
- He and bass guitarist Nathan Azarcon studied at the same school during the younger days.
- Bamboo played for the last time with Rivermaya on October 10, 1998, in Oakland, California. After he left the band, there had been rumors of Bamboo being dismissed from the group due to the abuse of drugs. However, Bamboo cleared the air by stating that he did not even smoke and had never thought about doing drugs.
- After leaving the Rivermaya in 1998, he went to San Francisco to complete his studies.
- He formed his self-titled band in 2003. However, on January 11, 2011, he announced the end of the band.
- Bamboo prefers to eat meat only once a month. However, he avoids consuming pork. Besides that, he also avoids eating sweet, salty, and oily food.
- He takes multi-vitamins.
- Bamboo prefers to consume 13 to 20 glasses of water per day.
- He tries to sleep at least 8 to 9 hours every night.
Featured Image By Bamboo Mañalac / Instagram