|Barry Keoghan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 18, 1992|
Barry Keoghan is an Irish actor who has defied all odds to become a celebrated figure in the industry. Despite having a rather rough childhood, the actor has embraced life and his work has brought him a greater fan base and critical acclaim. He has appeared in various TV shows and movies like The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Trespass Against Us, American Animals, Black ’47, Fair City, and Love/Hate.
Summerhill, Dublin, Ireland
Barry Keoghan studied at O’Connell Secondary School in Dublin.
- Mother – She died at the age of 31.
- Siblings – Eric Keoghan (Older Brother)
- Others – Roslyn (Sister-In-Law), Lyra Rae (Niece). He has 1 more niece.
Barry Keoghan is represented by –
- Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Barry Keoghan has dated –
- Shona Guerin – Barry has been dating Shona Guerin for the past couple of years. They can often be seen together attending various events or just enjoying each other’s company. The duo also often shares their loved-up pictures on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Toned physique
- Wide smile
Barry Keoghan has done endorsement work for Dior as he is an ambassador for the brand.
Best Known For
- Appearing in various movies like Between the Canals (2011) as Aido, King of the Travellers (2012) as Young Dublin Lad, Life’s a Breeze (2013) as Pizza Guy, Stay (2013) as Sean Meehan, Mammal (2016) as Joe, Trespass Against Us (2016) as Windows, The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017) as Martin Lang, Dunkirk (2017) as George Mills, American Animals (2018) as Spencer Reinhard, and Black ’47 (2018) as Hobson
- Having been cast in a number of TV shows like Fair City (2011) as Dave Donoghue, Love/Hate (2013) as Wayne, Rebellion (2016) as Cormac McDevitt, and Y (2020) as Yorick Brown
- Winning various awards like Dublin Film Critics’ Circle Award for “Breakthrough Artist of the Year” 2017 and Irish Film and Television Award for “Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Film” in 2018 for his performance in The Killing of a Sacred Deer
Barry Keoghan made his theatrical film debut as Aido in the crime drama film, Between the Canals, in 2011.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Dave Donoghue in the drama series, Fair City, in 2011.
Barry stays fit by working out on a regular basis and has maintained an enviable physique. Boxing is also an integral element of his fitness regime.
Barry Keoghan Favorite Things
- Movies – Cool Hand Luke (1967) and Basketball Diaries (1995)
Source – Vulture
Barry Keoghan Facts
- He grew up in Dublin.
- After his mother died due to a heroin overdose, he grew up in 13 different foster homes. Afterward, he and his brother were taken in and raised by their grandmother and aunt.
- He is also an amateur boxer.
- Barry’s journey from foster homes to being counted as a celebrated actor is nothing but an inspiration.
- He believes that acting works like therapy to him.
- He has a dog named Charlie.
- In August 2021, Barry was admitted to the Galway University Hospital after he was reportedly found outside of a hotel with a facial injury. He was later released from the hospital after being treated.
- Follow Barry Keoghan on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Barry Keoghan / Instagram