|Bart Freundlich Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1970|
Bart Freundlich is an American film director, television director, screenwriter, and film producer who has worked on films and shows such as The Myth of Fingerprints, Californication, Believe, After the Wedding, Wolves, Hired Hands, World Traveler, Catch That Kid, Mozart in the Jungle, A Dog Race in Alaska, Prime Suspect, Trust the Man, The Rebound, and Little Voice.
Manhattan, New York City, United States
Bart Freundlich attended New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts and graduated with a double major in Cinema Studies and Film and Television Production.
Director, Screenwriter, Producer
- Father – Larry Freundlich (Writer, Publisher)
- Mother – Debbie (Marketing Consultant)
- Sibling – Oliver Freundlich (Brother) (Architect)
- Others – Peter Moore Smith (Father-In-Law) (Served in the U.S Army as a paratrooper; Afterwards, he got the rank of a colonel and then became a military judge), Anne (née Love) (Mother-In-Law) (Psychologist, Social Worker), Valerie Smith (Sister-In-Law), Peter Moore Smith (Brother-In-Law) (Novelist)
Bart Freundlich has been repped by MGMT Entertainment, Actor Agency, West Hollywood, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $5 Million.
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bart Freundlich has dated –
- Julianne Moore (1996-Present) – In March 1996, he started going out with actress and author Julianne Moore, after they met during the filming of The Myth of Fingerprints. Moore was cast in the film as Mia and Freundlich explained that when casting Moore’s character, he “was looking for someone who had a lot of complication, a lot of sadness under the surface, and portrayed very, very little of it in her face.” Recalling an incident from the time, he stated that once he saw Moore standing outside, exposed to the elements without a coat: “I came up to her and stood with my back to the wind. I didn’t want her to be cold, and I also didn’t want to put my arm around her, or smother her, because I didn’t know her that well…Even though I couldn’t have articulated it then, I understood that I could keep her warm up to a point. But then the rest was going to be for her to do. We connected in that moment on an unspoken level, where she knew I saw that flame in her, and understood it, and was willing not to suffocate it but to protect it.”
The couple got married on August 23, 2003, and they have been blessed with 2 children – a son named Caleb Freundlich (b. December 4, 1997) and a daughter named Liv Freundlich (b. April 11, 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
Bart Freundlich is of Jewish descent on his father’s side.
Salt and Pepper
Bart Freundlich Facts
- He grew up in Manhattan.
- Bart Freundlich’s last name is a German adjective that means “friendly”.
- He wrote, directed, and co-produced the 1997 drama film, The Myth of Fingerprints, named after the song titled All Around the World or the Myth of Fingerprints by Paul Simon.
- As of 2021, Julianne Moore has appeared in all of Freundlich’s feature films with the exception of Catch That Kid (2004), The Rebound (2009), and Wolves (2017).
Featured Image by Bart Freundlich / Instagram