|Julianne Moore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1960|
Julianne Moore is an American actor, voice actor, producer, and author who has won various accolades, including an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, 2 Golden Globe Awards, and 2 Emmy Awards. Over the years, she has been cast in a wide variety of movies which include Still Alice, The End of the Affair, The Hours, Boogie Nights, Far from Heaven, Trust the Man, Bel Canto, Savage Grace, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, Carrie, The English Teacher, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, Freeheld, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Cast a Deadly Spell, After the Wedding, and Dear Evan Hansen. Julianne Moore is also known for her television roles like playing Carmen Engler in the mystery crime drama series The Edge of Night, Nancy Donovan in the satirical sitcom series 30 Rock, Lisey Landon in the horror drama miniseries Lisey’s Story, and India West in the drama miniseries I’ll Take Manhattan.
Julie Anne Smith
Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Due to her father’s job in the military, she went to 9 different schools.
Initially, she went to J.E.B. Stuart High School in Falls Church, Virginia.
She had her schooling at Frankfurt American High School, Frankfurt, Germany (1979).
Julianne holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Theatre from the School of the Arts, Boston University (1983).
Actor, Voice Actor, Author of Children’s Literature, Producer
- Father – Peter Moore Smith (Served in the U.S Army as a paratrooper; Afterwards, he got the rank of a colonel and then became a military judge.)
- Mother – Anne (née Love) (Psychologist and a social worker from Scotland)
- Siblings – Valerie Smith (Younger Sister), Peter Moore Smith (Younger Brother) (Novelist)
- Others – Charles Edward Smith, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Frances Mervil Haas (Paternal Grandmother), Henry McNeil Love (Maternal Grandfather), Flora McMillan McLean (Maternal Grandmother)
Julianne Moore has been signed with –
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, New York City, New York, United States
- Evelyn O’Neil, Management 360, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth has been $55 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julianne Moore has dated –
- John Gould Rubin (1986–1995) – Julianne married John Gould Rubin (actor and stage director) in 1986 after two years of dating (1984-1986). After 9 years of their marriage, the couple separated in 1993 and finally divorced in 1995.
- Bart Freundlich (1996-Present) – In 1996, Julianne started dating Bart Freundlich, a film and television director, producer, and screenwriter. They met during the filming of “The Myth of Fingerprints” in 1996 and hence started dating. The couple has two children; a son named, Caleb Freundlich (b. December 1997) and a daughter Liv Helen Freundlich (b. April 2002). They finally got married in 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
She bears her American ethnicity from her father and Scottish from her mother.
Julianne also has Irish and English ancestry.
- Green eyes
- Innocent younger looks
- Well-endowed physique
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
She has appeared in television commercials and print adverts for Coach watches (2000), Revlon (2002), Coach leather handbags (2000), Revlon Age-Defying Foundation (2003), Aveda (2002), Revlon’s High-Dimension Haircolor (2003-2004), Montblanc watches (2006), Talbots fashion stores (2011), L’Oreal Paris’ Superior Preference” hair color system (2013), L’Oreal Paris’ Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil (2013) and others.
Best Known For
Her roles in Hannibal (2001) as agent Clarice Starling, The Hours (2002) as Laura Brown, in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay film series as President Alma Coin, as politician Sara Palin in HBO political drama film Game Change in 2012.
She debuted with the 1990 horror anthology film Tales From The Darkside: The Movie for her role as Susan.
First TV Show
Her first TV appearance was in 1984 in an episode of a soap opera named The Edge of Night for her role as Carmen Engler.
She takes help from her personal trainer, David Kirsch.
Moore is a yoga freak and does ashtanga yoga three times a week.
She eats nutrient-dense food and mostly cooks her meals at home. Get to know more about her fitness habits from here.
Julianne Moore Favorite Things
- Food – Vegetable lasagna
- Books – Brundibar (By Tony Kushner, Maurice Sendak), Grace: A Memoir (By Grace Coddington)
- NYC Restaurants – Tomoe (for Sushi), Otto (for Pizza), Bar Pitti, Piccolo Angolo and Pastis, Shorty’s (on Prince Street)
- Song Lyrics – I think I’m gonna be sad, I think it’s today, yeah
- Guilty Pleasure – Bakery Story (App), shopping on the internet
- Place – Montauk, New York
Source – Epicurious.com, HelloGiggles
Julianne Moore Facts
- Julianne was born ‘Julie’, but she changed the name from Julie Anne Smith to Julianne Moore as there was already a Julie Anne Smith. Moore is the middle name of her father and Anne is her mom’s name. So, without hurting anyone’s feelings, she combined Julie and Anne and formed Julianne. Finally, she started using her name as Julianne Moore.
- In 2011, she claimed her British citizenship.
- The actor earlier wanted to become a doctor.
- She was a hardworking and studious child in school.
- Her hobby of reading books led her to start acting at school. She didn’t go to any drama or acting school.
- Apart from English, she can also speak a little bit of German.
- Her professional acting career started in 1984.
- She has also worked as a part-time waitress before, just after graduating from Boston University.
- She always keeps dental floss, Advil, and hair ties in her bag.
- Julianne was born at 5:53 PM (EST).
- She is a cherished author of children’s literature. She published her first book in 2007, titled “Freckleface Strawberry” which was New York Times’ Best Seller.
- Her father’s military background lent her chances to spend her initial years in different locations around the world, which includes the U.S. (Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Texas, Panama, Nebraska, New York, and Virginia), and Germany (Frankfurt).
- Julianne is liberal politically. She supported Barack Obama vocally during the 2008 political campaign.
- An activist, prominently, Julianne Moore supports crusaders for ecological reforms. In 2012, she joined ‘Moms Clean the Air Force’ to fight against environmental pollution.
- Julianne Moore was voted #5 in the “Best Dressed Female” list in a poll, which was conducted by Life & Style in the past.
- She trained herself at the FBI for a couple of days to play Clarice in the 2001 movie Hannibal.
- According to The People magazine, she was among the 50 most beautiful women in the world per the survey, which was conducted in 2001 and 2003.
- Julianne is a left-handed person.
- Alongside Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart, Kate Bosworth, and Hunter Parrish, she co-starred as Alice Daly Howland in the 2014 drama film Still Alice. This role won her the Academy Award for “Best Actress”, Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama”, and Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role in a Motion Picture”.
- Visit her official website @ juliannemoore.net.