Julie Anne Smith
Fort Bragg, North Carolina, U.S.
New York City, New York, U.S.
Due to her father’s job in the military, she went to 9 different schools.
Initially, she went to J.E.B. Stuart High School in Falls Church, Virginia.
She had her schooling from Frankfurt American High School, Frankfurt, Germany (1979).
Julianne holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Theatre from School of the Arts, Boston University (1983).
Actress, author for children’s literature
- Father – Peter Moore Smith (Served in the U.S Army as a paratrooper; Afterwards, he got the rank of a colonel and then became a military judge.)
- Mother – Anne (née Love) (Psychologist and a social worker from Scotland)
- Siblings – Valerie Smith (Younger Sister), Peter Moore Smith (Younger Brother) (Novelist)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
- John Gould Rubin (1986–1995) – Julianne married John Gould Rubin (actor and stage director) in 1986 after two years of dating (1984-1986). After 9 years of their marriage, the couple separated in 1993 and finally divorced in 1995.
- Bart Freundlich (1996-Present) – In 1996, Julianne started dating Bart Freundlich, a film and television director, producer, and screenwriter. They met during the filming of “The Myth of Fingerprints” in 1996 and hence started dating. The couple has two children; a son named, Caleb Freundlich (born – December 1997) and a daughter Liv Helen Freundlich (born – April 2002). They finally got married in 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
She bears her American ethnicity from her father and Scottish from her mother.
Julianne also has Irish and English ancestry.
- Green eyes
- Innocent younger looks
- Well-endowed physique
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
She has appeared in television commercials and print adverts for Coach watches (2000), Revlon (2002), Coach leather handbags (2000), Revlon Age-Defying Foundation (2003), Aveda (2002), Revlon’s High-Dimension Haircolor (2003-2004), Montblanc watches (2006), Talbots fashion stores (2011), L’Oreal Paris’ Superior Preference” hair color system (2013), L’Oreal Paris’ Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil (2013) and others.
Best Known For
Her roles in Hannibal (2001) as agent Clarice Starling, The Hours (2002) as Laura Brown, in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay film series as President Alma Coin, as politician Sara Palin in HBO political drama film Game Change in 2012.
She debuted with 1990 horror anthology film Tales From The Darkside: The Movie for her role as Susan.
First TV Show
Her first TV appearance was in 1984 in an episode of a soap opera named The Edge of Night for her role as Carmen Engler.
She takes help from her personal trainer, David Kirsch.
Moore is a yoga freak and does ashtang yoga three times in a week.
She eats nutrient dense food and mostly cooks her meals at home. Get to know more about her fitness habits from here.
Julianne Moore Favorite Things
- Food – Vegetable lasagna
- Books – Brundibar (By Tony Kushner, Maurice Sendak), Grace: A Memoir (By Grace Coddington)
- NYC Restaurants – Tomoe (for Sushi), Otto (for Pizza), Bar Pitti, Piccolo Angolo and Pastis, Shorty’s (on Prince Street)
- Song Lyrics – I think I’m gonna be sad, I think it’s today, yeah
- Guilty Pleasure – Bakery Story (App), shopping on the internet
- Place – Montauk, New York
Source – Gourmet, HelloGiggles
Julianne Moore Facts
- Julianne was born as Julie, but she changed the name from Julie Anne Smith to Julianne Moore as there was already a Julie Anne Smith. Moore is the middle name of her father and Anne is her mom’s name. So, without hurting anyone’s feelings, she combined Julie and Anne and formed Julianne. Finally, she started using her name as Julianne Moore.
- In 2011, she claimed her British citizenship.
- The actress earlier wanted to become a doctor.
- She was a hardworking and studious child in school.
- Her hobby of reading books led her to start acting at school. She didn’t go to any drama or acting school.
- Apart from English, she can also speak a little bit German.
- Her professional acting career was started in 1984.
- She has also worked as a part-time waitress before, just after graduating from Boston University.
- She always keeps dental floss, Advil and hair ties in her bag.
- Julianne was born at 5:53 PM (EST).
- She is a cherished author for children’s literature. She published her first book in 2007, titled “Freckleface Strawberry” which was New York Times’ Best Seller.
- Her father’s military background lent her chances to spend her initial years in different locations around the world, which includes U.S. (Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Texas, Panama, Nebraska, New York, and Virginia), and Germany (Frankfurt).
- Julianne is liberal politically. She supported Barack Obama vocally during the 2008 political campaign.
- An activist, prominently, Julianne Moore supports crusader for ecological reforms. In 2012, she joined ‘Moms Clean the Air Force’ to fight against environmental pollution.
- Julianne Moore was voted #5 in the “Best Dressed Female” list in a poll, which was conducted by Life & Style in the past.
- She trained herself at FBI for a couple of days to play Clarice in 2001 movie Hannibal.
- According to The People magazine, she was among the 50 most beautiful women in the world as per the survey, which was conducted in 2001 and 2003.
- Julianne is a left-handed person.
- Connect with Julianne on Twitter and Instagram. She does not use her Instagram account much.
- Visit her official website @ juliannemoore.net.